Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
BM
Level 4

Thumbtack is Very Unfair

I have been a pro mover on Thumbtack for over 3 years. I have a 4.8 average on reviews. I have 402 hires and 148 reviews. Yet I am listed lowere than a company that has never been hired and has 0 reviews. The company that is listed in the top spot has about 16 hires and 19 reviews, obviosly they must have unverified reviews. I have been very faithful to Thumbtack and have provided great service to my customers from Thumbtack and for some unknown reason I am listed beneath many other companies. I get very little business from Thumbtack anymore. I have asked Thumbtack for the reasons to why this has happened and they have vague reasons and no solutions.

States
26 responses
MR
Level 11

Re: Thumbtack is Very Unfair

@BM
Do you have promote turned on ?
I am not advocating for it, but if you have it off you will always rank lower than the pros who pay for top ranking and they will rank higher regardless of anything else.
In the new system revenue is everything and you basically have to pay just to get noticed. Your stellar stats are of little value vs your willingness to pay for rank position these days

Moderator Kameron

@BM I just took a look at where your ranking and found that you came up as #5 or close to it when searching each type of moving. Your outstanding profile and reviews certainly help you rank that high while not promoting. If you were to start promoting and finalize your preferences you'd likely show up around the #1 or #2 spot. By being more available to customers and setting those preferences and telling us the jobs that you'll always want and you'll climb up that last bit of ranking. May I ask why you've chosen not to promote?

0 Kudos

Not happening for me.

Lar
Level 10

Hi @BM,

If you want to be in the game you have to have 'Promote' switched on and be willing to automatically pay Thumbtack upfront for every lead they send you.

At #5 in the list you should still be seen often enough and getting leads.

In Insights what are your 4 week stats, i.e. "Views",  "Profile Views", "Leads". How many times were you hired in the last 4 weeks @BM?

Regards,
Laurence.

MR
Level 11

@Lar  Just for fun, here are my stats right now:

Views 3656 in last 4 weeks

Leads 15  (promote is ON)

Spent $147

Profile Views 352  

Also.. I got 86 additional views (whatever that means)

0 leads messaged me back after I messaged them.

and here is how I compare:

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 12.55.22 PM.png

Any issues???

Lar
Level 10

@MR you're coming up as the #1 Divorce Attorney in your area. I didn't realize it was that bad for you.

You have 4 verified reviews in the last 6 months which is more than any other competitor. Five of your competitors had 2-3 verified reviews. Verified reviews aren't an exact indication of how people are doing recently but it does give some indication that few of your fellow Pros are getting hired so you're all in the same boat. As bad as things are for you they are just as bad for your competitors.

With 15 leads from 3656 views that's about means that 1 in 240 visitors to Thumbtack reached out to you. The suggestion by Thumbtack that the new system is better at connecting customers to Pros appears to be incorrect in your situation. 

You didn't receive any response from any of the 15 leads who 'reached out' - which shows that it Thumbtack is really quite good at providing ghost leads.

If you've spent $147 on leads then to start getting back on track with your ROI your 16th lead (if it results in a hire) would need to generate revenue in the region of $1300 - $1500.

Not much more to say. The figures say it all.

Cheers,
Laurence.

MR
Level 11

@Lar 

Yep.... no beginner level advice is going to save this one... and I had TT review my profile and they said it was very good. So go figure.....

I don't mean to be blunt, but for me TT is an absolute failure on every level, and I see nothing that I can do to salvage it. It is 100% on TT to fix this one.

The problem is - I am not alone..... 

So you can see why this whole situation makes me so angry... any advice TT has given doesnt fit my situation... so something is wrong.... and this one is for @DJStevie - there certainly is a "Ghost in the Machine"

Lar
Level 10

Here's a happy little thought for you @MR.

Remember Thumbtack's 20%/80% stat?

With your figures those 3656 'Views' you received in the last 4 weeks would have equated to roughly 548 leads in the old system rather than the 15 leads you received with the new system.

Don't worry though @MR, you know that Thumbtack are committed to your success, gotta keep the faith man.

Thumbtack - Connecting Customers to Pros Every Day
(well not every day, more like kinda sorta maybe sometimes)

Regards,
Laurence.

GeorgeH
Level 8

YOu guys are hillarious... and that's good... if we cant laugh, what have we got...

0 Kudos