Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Views on Thumbtack

Hello,

I am wondering if any pros in the area of Nutritionist or Health and Wellness Coaching has seen a significant drop in the number of customers? I have been keeping track of number of Views per week, number of Profile Views and Additional Views and suddenly for the month of July the number has dropped by a 3rd. I used to see 2000 to 3000 views per week, now I am seeing 300 views per week. I called Thumbtack and they were not able to answer the reason for this significant drop. Is anyone else seeing a drop in weekly customers looking for either Nutritionists or Health and Wellness Coaching?  Thanks

Theresa

Occupations (1)
States
27 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Views on Thumbtack

@tfitzpatrick914 I'm sorry to hear about the decline in views over the last month. Is this usually a slower time for you and your business?

0 Kudos

No. Last year this time there were a lot of hits.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Thanks for this info @tfitzpatrick914. I think the decrease in activity could be due to a couple of things. First is how competitive your area is. If you look at your insights, you'll see that there have been 280 jobs and 279 active pros over the last three months. With that, another thing that could be affecting your profile views is where you're ranking in search results. Have you utilized the "look yourself up" feature in your account to see where you're ranking? 

0 Kudos

So the competition in my area has changed that month since June? Like I said I was seeing 2,000 to 3,000 Views per week, now it's barely 300 Views per week. Something has changed. I know my ranking changes day to day, Yesterday I was #14 today i am #24. I am aware that only if I get into the top 10 do I have any chance of getting noticed. That said, as a Top Pro not sure why I am ranking so low.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@tfitzpatrick914 where you rank is determined by five things: reviews, filling out your profile, completing your pricing, being responsive, and promoting your business. Although being a Top Pro is an amazing accomplishment and one you should be proud of, it does not determine where you rank at this time. The most popular Nutritionists have anywhere from 25-136 reviews, so I would definitely start there to improve your ranking. Remember, you're able to get up to 10 reviews from customers you've done work for prior to Thumbtack. 

0 Kudos

I see people in higher ranking than me with less reviews,  and more expensive, so not sure getting more reviews is the cause I am down at ranking number 24.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mm
Level 7

Can you list ranking criteria in order of importance please?

The reason I’m asking is that I have more reviews, a great profile, use promote and am very fast to respond to customers yet I’m ranked #2 under someone new with barley any reviews or hires.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@mm having your preferences set by promoting is the most important as it tells us which jobs you can always do and that you'll respond to the customer that contacts you. That way, we make sure we connect the right pros and customers to one another and a customer gets in front of a pro quick. From there, one factor doesn't take importance over another, they're all equally important. 

0 Kudos

@Meckell @mm  The new updates to TT have saved me tons of $$. I haven't spent ANY money on Thumbtack in the last month, nor have I gotten ANY leads or new business from Thumbtack in a several months. I used to spend $50 - $75 a week on leads, at least. I'm focusing that budget elsewhere now.

I've been a Top Pro for 5 years. I used to rank in the Top 10 ALWAYS, I now am some where around 11-15 in my field of Graphic Design, Logo Design, etc. I understand that ranking is based on certain criteria; how quick you respond, how many TT reviews, etc, etc..if their are no leads to respond to then your lack of response is zero. Dropping you in the rankings I assume?

Thumbtack, I'm still sticking with you all, but it's not as beneficial as it has been for helping to grow the business. Either that, or TT's main focus is on new sign-ups or perhaps more window shoppers, not really sure yet. I guess you all have a plan.

BarisGraphics
Full Time Freelance Graphic Design.
On time and on budget!