results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
TLN
Level 5

Volume of potential clients

I've been with Thumbtack for 4 years and have had a pretty good run with them. As of this year the volume of potential clients has redued to a trickle! What has changed? I am being forced to look elsewhere for leads as this is not supporting my business at all!  What has changed?

States
9 responses
DCFGCatering
Level 8

Re: Volume of potential clients

Our business was on fire for the last 3 years.

Since February it has all but stopped.

Bone-Dry.

These news changes have killed the stats I put up the last 3 years.

I bid on every single event and still haven't gotten anything at all.

Going about 1 month strong of no hires as we speak.

Are you using autoquote? You're probably missing them all because they're getting blasted with identical autoquotes from 15 vendors and then the job drops off the queue. It needs to change or else this service will fall off quick. 

0 Kudos
TLN
Level 5

I turned it off to see if it made a difference and none so far. 2 weeks not on. 

Moderator Meckell

Good morning @TLN. I'm sorry to hear that those tips didn't help much. I'll dig into a few other things and will send you a Private Message by the end of the day. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@TLN I'm more than happy to work with you and take a look into your account to see what's going on. Go ahead and send me a DM with your account email address and I'll dig into a few things. 

0 Kudos
TLN
Level 5

I thank you for looking into my account but most of what you offered did not really apply to me. Need more photos -I have 24 when the average is 20. Offer credit card payment - I'm a designer that is very rare in my industry but I did it to see. Nothing new. Your first line which says my area seems a bit less active is the closeest to telling me the truth. So what has changed in the way you conduct your business to have this happen? 

Highlighted
Anamrt
Level 5

I am on the same boat. I have been with Thumbtack for the past 4.5 years, my business suffered tremendously, and nothing they offered was for me. They hide behind that excuse. From one day to the next Fashion quotes went from $3.37 to $19+ and wedding planner quotes from $6.67 to $30+. The level and quality of leads was a knock off, im based in South Florida, so its not the area. I decided to build my business again. My last lead was a joke I got stood up twice and I paid for the lead and $35 for gas.
All the best!

@TLN you are not alone in this.  The writers/editors category has seen a significant decline in postings, and it's not that these jobs are gone or don't exist anymore.  I should be seeing multiple requests for medical residency personal statements daily right now.  I have one in my feed, and it's the first I've seen in weeks.  For a while my feed was full of all sorts of jobs I didn't do (data analysis for example).  Now there's very little showing up, and for what is, there's usually not enough to go on to determine if any of these are worth the contact cost.

Shareen Mann
Freelance writer and editor with The Write Mann, LLC
DCFGCatering
Level 8

Same goes for catering.
We are down big time