Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Lathrasher
Level 5

Re: What does # Pros Contacted Mean

The customer only sees FREE. Most have no idea. I get the tingling feeling when it's a constant "when are you available" that's is such a robo response.
Laurie Thrasher
Can Do Staffing and Events
RBG
Level 5

Number of pros that contacted a job

I thought there was a cap on how many pros can contact a customer about a specific job? 6? 8? This customer was contacted 12 times according to the display. 

Seems excessive.12 pros.jpg12 pros contacted

Re: Number of pros that contacted a job

@RBG  not any more!! that went out the window with the new system. now a prospective client can click on as many as they want.  A woman selected me, and FIFTEEN other electricians, to install a single 20 amp receptacle in her office. I didn't bother quoting, as I'm not getting into a price war for a $250 job.

Good Luck, Joe

Highlighted
RBG
Level 5

Re: Number of pros that contacted a job

I thought this shows how many pros have contacted the customer. If I were a customer, I wouldn't see an advantage to having that many people contact me. 

Lathrasher
Level 5

I agree. I'm fast, as soon as it lands, I open and anywhere from 1-4 pros contacted. I'm not going to waste money or time.
The whole new system has gotten me a tad twisted up. Looking for new avenues. They all start out easy, fair and then BLAM! Start hitting us up like a painted up tart.
Laurie Thrasher
Lathrasher
Level 5

I agree. I'm fast, as soon as it lands, I open and anywhere from 1-4 pros contacted. I'm not going to waste money or time.
The whole new system has gotten me a tad twisted up. Looking for new avenues.
Laurie Thrasher
0 Kudos
Lathrasher
Level 5

They all start out easy, fair and then BLAM! Start hitting us up like a painted up tart.
Laurie Thrasher
0 Kudos
saalfeld
Level 6

Why would any professional want to  pay to reply to a customer after they already viewed 12 other companies.

Unless you like to waste your money. There should be a cap on the number of professionals allowed to reply. Thumbtack is laughing all the way to the bank and also laughing at the professionals spending their money.

If this post is removed like it is normally we will post this question on Contractor talk forum and invite  the moderators on Thumbtack to answer this question

"Pros contacted "means that the customer contacts anyone they feel like because it costs the pro and not the customer. We the pros, should not even bither to bid on the jobs if we see they have already contacted 2 pros . I , for one, do not wadte my time. This shows that the customer is very picky and will most likely waste your money.
TheLast10SF
Level 7

@Kameron I've got a follow up question on this, is # Pros contacted based on initial request or does it change if the customer contacts a Pro the next day? My observation is 2-3 Pros Contacted is really just who has Promote/Instant Match turned on. 4 or more Pros contacted the customer is reaching out to lots of Pros, which isn't necessarily good, it just means the customer probably didn't look at a lot of profiles to see who would be the best match.

0 Kudos