Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: What does # Pros Contacted Mean

Meckell, Here is a fresh idea. I hope that management will consider it thoughtfully.

1) Count the number of pros contacted by the customer. When the customer has reached three replies, stop that process and open a popup window and as politely as you can, ask then how you can help them choose from the three they have already contacted. Then also give them the option to contact Thumbtack for more tips or help in choosing the right Pro for the job.  Maybe they actually have a valid reason why they need to have a conversation with more than three pros.  Unlock the reply button if they can convince you they have a need.

2) Let them remove a contact if they wish to contact more than three. Any Pro removed (let's call it "Uncontacted") gets an automatic refund.

3) Tell them you wish to learn from their experience. Ask them: "Did they read every profile that they contracted?" Did they view the Pro's website or social media? Did they like the pricing?" Ask them to estimate how long it took them to make their final choice, and compare it to the clock on the timer when they actually pushed the "Hired" button. I actually do not think they even use that button.

4) Tally up the number of profiles that they actually viewed and time how long they have that window open. Do not charge any Pro if the customer did not spend more than 10 seconds reading their profile.  Do some in-house testing to see how long it takes to ready 10 to 15 profiles. Please do some serious research on the habits of the customers so that TT can help the Pros?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Hearthworks
Level 5

@Meckell

When I select “View Competition”, what does the following represent:

- Pros contacted:
Pro A
“Hasn’t responded yet”

Does this mean that Pro A sent a quote, the customer contacted them, but they haven’t responded to the customers message?

And:

- Pros Contacted:
Pro B
“Responded in two days”

Does this mean that Pro B sent a quote and the customer responded after two days?

OR

Does this mean that Pro B sent a quote, and the customer responded, and then Pro B responded to that message after two days?

Thanks for helping clarify all this. More words on those pages would make this clear for most folks who don’t currently understand it with the limited verbiage.
Daniel_O
Level 7

@Hearthworks the message tells you whether or not the pro responded to the customer's message. "responded in 2 days" means the pro responded 2 days after the customer sent them a message.

I agree with @HansenJC that "What's your next availability?" And similar click-questions are pretty pointless.
Moderator Meckell

Happy to clarify @Hearthworks
When you see “Hasn’t responded yet” under the pros contacted section, that indicates that the pro sent a quote, the customer contacted the pro, and the pro hasn't responded yet. 

When you see “Responded in two days” under the pros contacted section, that indicates that the pro sent a quote, the customer contacted the pro, and the pro responded in two days. 

HansenJC
Level 10

@Hearthworks  I would Kudo your comment, but the forum software does allow this feature for all Web Browsers.

You are right.... TT needs to write sentences in their messages that do not contain implied subjects, or pronouns.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Lathrasher
Level 5

I totally agree. I was sent an email from thumbtack, telling me to cool it. Not to be negative. Excuse me.
These requests that pop up and already have 1, 2, hits, is it the match and the customer has reached out with their dumb question, "when are you available?"
Since when does a host decide on their party by my availability? Oh wait don't I have a calendar available with my availability?
Agreed, they haven't read, looked or even skimmed your profile. I haven't quoted in a while. Feels like a waste of my time and money.
Laurie Thrasher
Can Do Staffing and Events
JosiahEnyart
Level 4

I have screen shots for two Hamdyman requests in the last few days. One where a client messaged 16 Pros and the other had messaged 24. Denver

IMG_7359.jpgIMG_7327.jpg

Highlighted
Daniel_O
Level 7

24?!

JosiahEnyart
Level 4

It would increase the value of the lead if the customer was limited in the pros there allowed to contact. If not perhaps the customer should share in the cost of the connection to limit the amount of cons, window shoppers and tire kickers that are trolling T.T.

0 Kudos

I think its unfair if Thumbtack to charge for simple questions from customers who do not even proceed with a real follow up with the pros. The pros spend money for a bogus contact. Do these customers know that everytime they contact a pro, they , the pros, are paying for it?