Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Meckell

Re: What does # Pros Contacted Mean

Happy to clarify @TheLast10SF! The number of pros contacted will change as the customer contacts more pros.

Sroot57
Level 4

Customers don't read profiles

Another customer "Chose me" on Thumbtack. My reply cost me $28.75 to install lights on garage front.  After replying and speaking to the  customer on the phone, he only wanted existing lights replaced and told me my price per hour was too high. My pricing is listed in my profile, which he evidently didn't read. He also "Chose" 3 other pros, of which one responded. It is great to be chosen by a prospective client after they read different profiles and decide upon the one that fits their needs. It is disturbing that the client can just pick a bunch of pros and send out to them. If this customer had read my $78/hr. fee, he would have never chosen me, and I would still have the $28.75. I suggest that a customer should only be able to select one pro in this format or just post their needs and let up to 5 pros respond. We would then only be billed if we get a response. Only Thumbtack makes money using the current process. 

Re: Customers don't read profiles

So I just had a client on the Jobs list...it stated 'contacted one other pro'.....except after I quoted on the work, i find out I'm one of SEVEN that he contacted.   What gives with this??

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@AutumnElectric the number of pros contacted should be accurate at the time your viewing it or from when you first open up the window but will be subject to change as pros quickly send out quotes and customers reach out to pros.

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@Sroot57I have made a similar suggestion. Limiting the number of Pros the customers are allowed to contact or perhaps refunding all Pros after the first 5 pros have been contacted would balance the game in favor of fairness to all Pros.

I also suggest that the system should stop the customer from sending the request to more than 5 pros and ask the question "Why are you contacting more than 5 Pros". They could always contact TT and get a support staff to overide the system if they can honestly defend the reason they must contact so may pros. AND the system should know if the costomer actually read the profile and had that profile page open for more that about 10 second. There is simply no way the customers are reading all those profiles in less than a minute.

And finally, TT owes it to the Pros to inform the customers how the Pros are charged and even hop much the pros will be charged to send a quote or respond to a request that the customer sent to them. Then the customer will understand why they may or may not be getting replies from all the Pros they wish to hear from. If only they knew what it costs us.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections

@HansenJC 

Bravo!!  perfect.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O
Level 7

@Sroot57 wrote:

Another customer "Chose me" on Thumbtack. My reply cost me $28.75 to install lights on garage front.  After replying and speaking to the  customer on the phone, he only wanted existing lights replaced and told me my price per hour was too high. My pricing is listed in my profile, which he evidently didn't read.  

@Sroot57  You should request a refund for that, since he was not aware of your price (which he should have been before contacting you and wasting your time).

0 Kudos
afacetopaint
Level 5

Pros contacted

Is this the number of pros that the consumers have contacted or is this the number of pros that have sent quotes to the consumers? Please do not reply with "I think it means" or "to my understanding"....

Please only respond if you have a rock solid black and white "this is the way it is" answer to my question.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Pros contacted

Great question @afacetopaint. The numbers of pros contacted indicates the pros whom the customers have contacted. 

0 Kudos