Why are customers asking for an estimate when they see prices in my profile?

Community Veteran
Best Answer

Just this week I have gotten three customers who asked for an estimate.

I thought they would see the price that I have entered into my profile for the service being requested. Maybe they see my price and doubt it applies to them.

What can TT do to improve the trust level of the customers?

*title edited by moderator on 02/11/2020 for clarity*

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Why are customers asking for an estimate?

Community Expert
Best Answer

@HansenJC I think you may be on the right track in your thoughts on this. Some customers may think they have needs that are an exception to the prices shown and they may just want to reaffirm your prices. If your pricing was correct (or close to it) for the job, do you think this area needs improvement considering the customer reached out with interest anyway? If so you have any ideas on how this could be improved?

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@Kameron 

Perhaps if the software were to be programmed to ask for a confirmation that they want an estimate.

"You are requesting an estimate for [job description] with the following details [job options]. [Pros name] has established a price of [Pro’s Price found in his preferences]. If you would like to add more information to clarify your request, please enter those details here: ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­___________(data entry field)___________________

Then add a confirmation check box for “Send additional information with your request for an estimate”

Add a confirmation check box for “Schedule the work at the price that the Pro has provided”

Follow up with every customer who requests an estimate for a pro who has pricing by sending them a survey question: “Was the pricing your found on the Pro’s Profile clear enough to make a choice? Tell us more:"  _________(data entry field)_________________

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Thanks for expanding on this further @InspectionsJCH

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@KameronThis may also fall under the category of consumer eduction. Informing the customers that every Peo who recieves a request for an estimate will be charged $X.XX and may be reluctant to respond when they have provided pricing in the profile. This will reduce the number of Pros who respond to your requests. Check their price, choose your Pro, then contact them to set a schedule. Your results will be more positive. Thumbtack is always telling the Pros what works best. Perhaps you should tell the customers what works best for them too. 

0 Likes