Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
cranichik
Level 7

Why does my travel area change every day? Why is there no thumbtack support for this?

@Kameron Every time I get a lead that is way out of my travel distance, actually every lead I get, I look to see why. I set a 5 mile radius, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I see it is reverted back to covering my whole county. I set a distance for a reason! I asked one of your customer support people on the chat and he had no explanation and no help. Why are you people messing with my settings? I can't even remember the last time I answered a request since they are either too far, too expensive to quote, or obviously fake.

Another question---why is  it that when I post a new topic, it gets buried in the middle of some old thread? Do you think you can leave this one alone, please. I would like to be able to find my answer.

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
9 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Why does my travel area change every day? Why is there no thumbtack support for this?

@cranichik I just checked to see that your travel preferences and settings appear to be in order for the smaller radius in your area. This isn't to say that it was showing something different previously, but it's hard for me to say without seeing it. As for the entire country being selected this isn't an option or something that could happen for your services since it's not something that could be done remotely via phone/internet like say a pro who designs logos. 

I can assure you that we would not make any changes to your preferences without notifying you and getting your permission. If you see something like this happen again be sure to leave things as they are and let us know so we can see exactly what's happening or grab screenshots for us to see and then you can change them appropriately. 

To prevent multiple threads about a similar topic from going on at once we may combine them to keep the community organized and easy to navigate so that other pros can always find what they’re looking for.

0 Kudos
cranichik
Level 7

Re: Why does my travel area change every day? Why is there no thumbtack support for this?

Actually, I wrote "county" not "country". And I just received another request, way out of my travel distance. To a pet sitter, it is not worth it to waste gas and time for a $15-20 job. I purposely work in my neighborhood, otherwise it costs me instead of making a profit.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@cranichik I apologize for misreading that. I'm seeing that your travel preferences are set to Ft. Lauderdale and Hollywood. Was the recent customer outside of those areas? If so please direct message me with the customer's name so we can take a closer look. Or do you not want jobs in those areas and do we need to look at restricting them even further? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cranichik
Level 7

@KameronNo one seems to understand! I did not choose cities! I chose distance! Fort Lauderdale is a huge city, most of which is too far from where I live. That is why I check the "distance" part, NOT the specific area. For some reason, it goes back to area. Since you have access to my account, look up my address and the address of the requestors, and you will see it is more than 5 miles.

0 Kudos
cranichik
Level 7

And again, I keep getting leads outside of my travel area! Keep reporting to TT, but no help!

This is getting ridiculous. I keep setting my travel distance, but TT keeps changing it to what THEY want, I guess. Anyways, I keep getting requests outside of my travel area. I just got 2 more today. I set a distance for a reason, and I am NOT going to drive farther. I have mentioned this several times to TT people, both here and in chats, but no one cares. Do they think I will just reply to a request anyway? NO WAY! I just want my settings to stay the way I make them. TT are you listening?????

0 Kudos

Re: And again, I keep getting leads outside of my travel area! Keep reporting to TT, but no help!

@cranichik  under 'Services', go to the bottom of the page, "Advanced Settings", click that and uncheck everything !

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: And again, I keep getting leads outside of my travel area! Keep reporting to TT, but no help!

@cranichik I'm seeing one request in Hollywood and another in Fort Lauderdale. You have both of those cities listed in your travel preferences. The next time you're seeing a request outside of your preferences please keep it in your jobs tab and send me a private message with the name of the customer. That way, we can dig deeper and see what's going on. 

0 Kudos
cranichik
Level 7

@Meckell No one seems to understand! I did not choose cities! I chose distance! Fort Lauderdale is a huge city, most of which is too far from where I live. That is why I check the "distance" part, NOT the specific area. For some reason, it goes back to area. Since you have access to my account, look up my address and the address of the requestors, and you will see it is more than 5 miles.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@cranichik thanks for that clarification, I'm sorry for any confusion! Our team is looking into this to see what's going on and we'll get you some answers as soon as we can. 

0 Kudos