results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted

Why is TT STILL so slow??? Why has all advertising stopped? See, that answered itself!

This is crazy! It's the heart of the busy season and virtually no requests are coming in for portrait work. Comunion season is over and not a single Communion job. Graduation season is here with no requests.

Yet, TT is addding pros by the thousands daily, with not enough work to go around! In the last THREE MONTHS there wer only 1128 job requests, which averages to 376 jobs per month. There are 866 active pros! That's less than half a job per month per pro!!!! Can you exist on half a job per month to cover housing, food, etc.??? I used to average 2-3 jobs PER WEEK!!! Now I'm getting 2-3 jobs per MONTH?????

There are no more TV ads like I used to see. TT is relying solely on dominating search results. Nobody at TT seems to care about this. People are depending on TT to earn a living, and are now dying!

13 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Why is TT STILL so slow??? Why has all advertising stopped? See, that answered itself!

@DefiningImagery 

Great post!!!

I haven't seen a tv ad in what seems ages. Now, I see ads on Facebook or Instagram. Most folks watch tv more than spending  time watching their phones. Why not go back to TV ads?

Yes, Communion, Graduation and Prom days are gone. Last year, I was booked every weekend from March-May(mostly from Thumbtack leads). This year, most of bookings have been from other platforms.

We have given so many suggestions for improvements for 7+ months now! Major Improvements have to happen soon!

DJ Stevie 5-29-2019

Hankster
Level 10

Re: Why is TT STILL so slow??? Why has all advertising stopped? See, that answered itself!

I know what you mean @DefiningImagery I've been using Promote for almost 5 weeks now. I've had 2 leads reach out to me during that time. TWO! The latest stats show 102 service pros in my area & 368 jobs available. 3 plus jobs on average per pro. You would think I'd be getting some inquires but I'm not. My listing views have been steadily dropping in the last 4 weeks as well. I have more listing views than profile views. As a two time Top Pro this is very discouraging. I'm not sure what else I can do to improve my already great profile & the number of reviews that I have. Where are the leads? When will we start seeing improvements that will start benefiting the service pro again with the TT product? Is anybody out there in TT land REALLY listening to us? views.jpg

Oh, that's right... people are supposed to be reaching out to us! I virtually forgot about that because they rarely ever do!!! My complaint was actually about nothing even coming in to BID on without being reached out to! And there's not things to "make me better" because I show up at the top of the promote list!!!

BTW, you're always going to have more listing views than profile views. Listing views are how many times you show up in the search results. From there, potential clients will (supposedly) reach out to you if they're interested. So you'll never have 100% of the people that see you in the list, click on you to see your profile. I've got a 4.9 rating with 136 reviews and been hired 327 times. My images blow away the others, and I'm at the top of the search results. Currently, it's showing 1286 listing views this month, and of that, only 173 of those took a look at my profile. From that, I got 10 "leads". Of that, I booked 5 jobs - of that, one has postponed and is supposed to happen Thursday, one cancelled and needs to reschule but so far has disappeared, one is booked for June, and two were actually done. So, in a nutshell, this months views have resulted in two jobs shot, and $590 gross recieved. Of that, direct business costs are $300, leaving a net of $290. Deduct taxes from that and I have made a net profit of $217 from TT this month. My monthly living expenses are $4000 more than that and I support myself. So, THAT'S why I'm so incredilby upset!!! I normally average $6000+ per month in gross sales, which has now been reduced to a net income of $217?????????????????????????

Hankster
Level 10

Thanks @DefiningImagery for the clarification on the listed views vs. profile views. Geez with as many views as you have you  would think you'd be raking in a lot of interested leads. Here's hoping for better days for you & all of us. 

0 Kudos

Right? Wouldn't you think so?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@DefiningImagery we haven't stopped any of our advertising. You will see ads for Thumbtack on a variety of different channels. From TV to Facebook, they're all still there! We definitely care about pros and want customers to come to Thumbtack to get the job done, and therefor get pros more business. It's obviously an extremely competitive market in your area right now, which I can understand is frustrating. Keep doing what you're doing and if you have any additional suggestions for us, don't hesitate to reach out. 

0 Kudos

@MeckellNo, you are incorrect. There have been NO TV ads in my area in about 2 years. I used to see them regularly and they no longer exist.

I can't keep banging my head against the wall over and over and over, when nothing I say makes any difference to a company that clearly is not interested in listening. Every response goes in a nonsensicle circle. It's mind-bogglingly maddening!

DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

And there have been no tv ads in my area as well in almost over a year. Why is that? Like I said in this thread, the only ads I see for Thumbtack are on Facebook and Instagram, 2 sites that most people don't look at when at home watching tv.

DJ Stevie 5-29-2019

0 Kudos

I don't use FB or Instagram all that much, so I've never seen ads there. However, the shows I watch have not changed and there have been no TV ads shown since the summer before last.

0 Kudos