results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Alitta
Level 5

Wrong Phone Number Shown on My Profile

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see how my profile looks like from a customer's perspective, so I asked my daughter to register and send a request. I use Instant Match. When I checked my profile through her account, there was an option to reveal my phone number - but surprisingly the number shown is entirely wrong!

I double checked my profile through my own account, but the phone number shown there is correct (of course, because I am not stupid to add a wrong number!).

Actually, this bothers me a lot, because potential clients are unable to call me because of this false number.

Does anyone have the same experience?

Occupations (1)
States
4 responses
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Wrong Phone Number Shown on My Profile

@Alitta

I wish I knew.

I have considered doing just what you did after a conversation that I had with TT. I noticed that the profile that they show us was not complete. It is the screen that is shown when we click the "Show as a customer" I wanted to proofread (view) BOTH our public profile and the profile that customers see after they view our quotes.

As it is now, we can only see the "Public" profile when we press that button.

TT had the typical response: That is a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion. I will tell the engineers about this.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Why don't you call that number and see if it belongs to another Pro?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Meckell

@Alitta that shouldn't be happening, so let's see what's going on. Keep an eye out for a DM from me. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@Meckell  This situation would be less of an issue if the Pros were given a tool that shows us the same version of our Profile that Customers see after they have viewed our quote. Given all of the times I have read that we should improve our profile, the Pros deserve the ability to audit their own profiles. Profiles appear differently to the public than they appear to a customer who has viewed our quotes.

When I brought this to the attention of a Thumbtack suport person, I was told something to the effect: "I can assure you..." Please let me be the judge of what I can be assured of.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections