Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
mbidstudio
Level 5

Bad reviews

Hello Thumbtack! Did you know you only have a ONE star review on the Consumer Affaris website? There are over 219 reviews about your company and most are from PRO's. I am embarrassed to see this rating. What can you do to improve your image? I see that many PRO's are very unhappy with the changes, yet you claim we are all happy about it. What Gives? Would love to help improve your situation but something has to be done about the current state of affairs. 

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/thumbtack.html

24 responses
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Re: Bad reviews

Hey @mbidstudio,

Thanks for posting! 

We know that some pros are unhappy with some of the changes we've made.  

Here's what we're doing: we're listening, and we're working hard to fix the things that aren't working.

For example, we've heard pros loud and clear that the lack of price transparency is frustrating.  So, we've dedicated whole teams of people to work on solving this as quickly as possible. 

We're not super focused on the reviews coming in other websites like the one you reference.  Ultimately, we're focused on hearing from pros directly, which is why we created this Community.  So keep posting, and we'll do our best to give you updates along the way.

Thanks again for all that you do,

Jason

DCFGCatering
Level 8

Haven't been hired in 2 weeks.

Must be me.....

Not you! I bid 34 times last week and got one contact. The ticked the "what's the process for working together" box, to which I responded 4 times, and they've never written back. The new system is hurting everyone. If thumbtack concentrated on "how can we help pros make money", then they'd be making a ton of money and so would we, and we'd be singing their praises from the rooftops! But, they instead concentrate only on how they can get more money out of us, regardless of how much it hurts us. Going from 5 pros bidding bidding per job, to 15 pros bidding makes for very simple math...  we get hired 1/3 of the time than we used to. I used to get hired once for every 8 bids. Then they made a bunch of changes last year and it went to  one hire for every 15  bids. The stats showed that I was getting hired twice as often as my "competition". Last week 34 bids and no hires! And that was for ther 34 jobs I was willing to scrounge low enough to bid on. The budgets used to be bigger too. I see that TT puts ads on google that promote the pro services as cheap. Now I understand why people, on a daily basis, have budgets that are literally 10% of the actual price of what the job should be!!!

GeorgeH
Level 6

i used to sing the praises of TT... but now my voice is cracking

bonnie_bill
Level 6

Us too. From promoting to silence on our part.

Watching.

jerimas
Level 5

I agree!  I am not getting as many texts for petsitting as I did in the past. However, I have never had bad customer service.

1NancyG
Level 6

I'm how spending hours on the computer sending out bids. I sent out more than 70 bids last week. Only returns were fake contacts. Last month, I spent $800 on Thumbtack and I received two jobs. Most of the jobs I'm seeing are jobs where customers are looking for people to work for almost nothing. 

Rjc
Level 5

Its not you - I havent been hired in months - been awful since the changes last Spring
cranichik
Level 6

"SOME PROS" are unhappy---how about "THE MAJORITY", if not all, are unhappy! I haven't gotten one job since you changed things. Why waste my time and money? Back to craigslist, I guess.