Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
Thumbtack Pro and Employee DustiO
Thumbtack Pro and Employee

Re: Starting over

@Guatamama You legitimately just made me cry. What an incredible story. What an incredible person!

Moderator Meckell

@Guatamama this is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing. 

PWN
Level 4

Wow,..... Thanks and congrats! I'm an encouraged 2 time retrenchee with a career change into IT working for a startup that i deeply believed in until i was let go due to lack of project funding. I decided to save myself the repeat heartache of unemployment. I concentracted on my long time Architectural/ construction career under TT and work towards unlimited success. Anyways....thats a long story just to say thanks for your encouragement.

JenMilam
Level 5

Re: Inspiration

My ex-husband actually introduced me to Thumbtack.
As far as how my business has changed since joining ... there was no business before Thumbtack! Thanks solely to Thumbtack, I have this business and every day it is growing.
Moderator Meckell

Wow, such an inspiring story @JenMilam! I'm happy we've been a part of your success and wish you the best of luck with your business in 2019. Keep it up! 

Highlighted
Thumbtack Pro and Employee DustiO
Thumbtack Pro and Employee

@JenMilam is my FAVE! Love your story, so happy for you!

DavidMf22
Level 4

Moved my family to the Bay Area after securing a job. Within a month I lost my contract/job. With bills coming and my savings dwindling. I used almost all of it and bought my plumbing equipment. A step that I knew carried a big risk but I was confident. I Used traditional advertising at first and would do 2-4 jobs a week. Very disappointing. I came across a thumbtack ad on Facebook and despite negative reviews, I said screw it and let’s try it. I went from doing 2-4 jobs a week to 2-4 jobs A DAY!!!! I’ve had two 10kplus months and that’s because of thumbtack. I wouldn’t be in business without you guys. Also a shout out to my amazing customers! Makes my day when I get the “Your our Plumber!”
Moderator Meckell

Absolutely amazing @DavidMf22. Thanks for sharing your story with us! 

0 Kudos
PlayDeep
Level 4

I was inspired by the business my Grandfather started.  He built his business to the point where the majority of his existing client base provided him referals.  Thumbtack referals continues the tradition of client base trusted referals and is a fantastic referal partner.  Measuring the success of landed business from both Thumbtack direct referals and the refereals you receive from those clients are exceptional.  In the past five years our annual revenue grew 28% just from Thumbtack referal business alone.  It works!

What an amazing story Dusty! I had no idea you went through that, and I know what you mean, family is also my biggest motivator! 

When we first started to develop our "brand" and website I was hesitant to put our story out there for the fear of being judged by customers who may not agree with us or not take me seriously for being a women in a non-traditional trade. As time went on I realized how ridiculous that was because our stories really are what draws people to us and their ability to relate to you and not just a company name. After we embraced our uniqueness and our story and started sharing it with the world we've been overwhelmed with the positive response. We've learned that people really like working with people they can relate to and really care about making sure their experience is a great one. It is so rewarding to be able to do something you love and have fun doing it! To me just hearing all of the other pros out there who have overcome obstacles to follow their dreams is incredibly inspirational. 

Everyone has to start somewhere and its important to always remember that success doesn't happen overnight, but anything is possible when you put your mind and heart to it, and most importantly when you stay true to yourself! Don't listen to the nay sayers or debbie downers, usually those are the ones too scared to take a risk to do what you're doing.