Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 23817: Model of when you get charged
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
a2bmoving
Level 5

Re: Inspiration - Tell us your story.

We started our moving business in 2009.  My husband had been layed off by his employer and only living on my paycheck!  We started with just one small truck working out of our basement of our home.  My husband found Thumbtack online and we immediately saw how valuable and how differnt Thumbtack is from other lead generating sites.  With the help of Thumbtack to get our name into the community we now have a fleet of over 20 trucks and a 10,000 sq ft warehouse.  10 years strong and still loving what we do!

Highlighted
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@a2bmoving this is such a moving story - thank you so much for sharing!

Moderator Meckell

Love this @a2bmoving

0 Kudos
RLHIGH2019
Level 5

My name is Rafalar.  I am retired and its been kind of hard to live off of SSC.  I love to help people.  I have been doing this most of my life.  I started a wedding business about 10 years ago.  After retirement, I decided to get back into it.  After my mother passed away, I became ill.  I spent several months in the hospital.  I know I was stressed and worn out.  I was the caregiver for my mother.  

Now I need more income coming in so I decided to get in back in touch with Thumbtack.  I am pretty much starting over.  Thank you for listening.

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@RLHIGH2019 We are here to support you and I am your biggest cheerleader! Please let us know how things go, and how we can help you be successful! Be sure to check out the Pro Tips section as you are getting started. You should also take advantage of our Help Center, and of course, post in the community when you have a question or need support from other pros!

I know what it is like to start over coming out of a tough time - Thumbtack helped me tremendously.  I have also heard dozens of stories from pros like yourself, who have risen from hardship and found success here. You've got this!

DudeORbro1
Level 4

My inspiration comes from my clients who love my work its instant gratification. That's why I love to paint where others dread the idea
Michael Jay Roper