Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
Community Manager LydiaH
Community Manager

New community members: share your tips for success!

12 responses
Highlighted
Community Manager LydiaH
Community Manager

Re: New community members: share your tips for success!

Quite simply it’s a roadmap to success. Start out with competitive pricing to win over clients and build reviews and then charge what you’re worth when it feels ready.
Danlupo
Level 4

Credentials and media! I’ve had many people say “I saw your background in music (that’s what I teach) or “I saw your video” and...

That ends up being the reason they chose me over the rest.

I'll be very simple to say:
" You cannot be a doctor if you've never been sick and you cannot be a mechanic if your car has never been broken" What do I mean by that? To be a successful vendor you first need to be a customer, think like customer, value like a customer so you can understand how to sell a customer your product. That's been the recipe of my success.It's making sure the customer understands the value and quality you are offering but most importantly that what you offer is worth every penny having in mind what your competition is offering. If you understand your competition and what others is offering can match the same quality for the same or better price you have a chance to go far.

Hi Thumbtack Community members, as a bartender for the past 12 years, and with Thumbtack for the past 5, it has been a long and winding road as they say.  I would say responding to potential clients asap is a big plus. Many like fast responses but there are also those that seem to be shopping. Another big plus is reviews from jobs you have completed from those clients. What helped me was the type of reviews left. Many with short paragraghs talking about how I helped them step by step with bar supplies according to what kind of event they were having. With me, I do make drink recommendations again according to there event. I also come up with drinks if they start running low on supplies. Usually the supplies the client gets is close to what they need. My guide sheeets I send are fairly close to the amount of people attending there party. I hope this helps. Thanks Thumbtack.

edrohn
Level 2

It's simple probably try a different service I've been using Thumbtack for a while and all they do is argue with you about leads for services you don't provide then refused to give you credit. Send your leads from hundreds of miles away in an area you don't service. And then give you some lame-ass award which is stupid doesn't mean squat. I'll be looking for a new company to help me out.
Acyg22
Level 4

Follow the basics in the beginning of set up to be successful. Get reviews, put up media, and answer some basic questions. Be competitive with pricing to begin with. Most importantly be quick with responses. People don’t like to wait. Don’t send generic responses actually look at the quote and customize it to the potential buyers quote.
Moderator Kameron

I also wanted to chime in here and welcome all of you to our online Pro Community! Thanks as well to those of you who have shared about your business and helping us get to know you that much better. These are great to read as a Thumbtack employee, and I'm sure as well for your fellow pros. 

0 Kudos

The first thing in being successful is defining how you or your business defines success. What I mean by that is success cannot be just about how much money you make or what status you have. SUCCESS true sucess should be first and foremost impacting people and helping changing their lives for the better. If your only in it for the money or social status you can only make it so far. Eventually you may find yourself burnt out or even worse getting your personal identity from what you do as a proffesoional. I say true success should start at home with your family, friends and loved ones.When you get things in order you can truly be successful in the marketplace and have the correct motives for a business that serves people not money. If you can make it to the place where helping people is more important than making money you will be successful!