Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?

Thank you TT, it was great while it lasted

Thank you TT for all these years of business, it was great and a game changer for me, but now its all over.

Since you decide to become a  Listing of professionals (like yellow pages or yext) our dedication and proactivity within TT it doesn't pay any more, the only thing we need to do is make sure we have promote ON and have a nice profile... then we just wait for people to contact us, hoping to get some good match so we don't waste our money.

this new business model you had implemented will slowly kick out all the real pros, and feed for a while beginners, part-timers, etc. until the users realized that using TT is a waste of time because they will not be able to find qualified professionals and then TT will be slowly fading away too. 

Again thank you for this almost 5 year of good business.

Diego

22 responses
JoeB131
Level 6

Re: Thank you TT, it was great while it lasted

@CappellaPhoto I kind of feel the same way.   If I get one lead a hire from Thumbtack a month, I consider myself lucky.  Now it's down to, "Is it worth it to keep using TT to keep Top Pro Status" like that means anything anymore. 

Highlighted
RCPS
Level 7

The thing about it is that you can’t even maintain Top Pro status without any hires!
JoeB131
Level 6

@RCPS - as I am well aware.  I am probably going to hit it This evaluation period that ended in Jan (Jan-Dec 2018) because I racked up enough hires and good reviews to carry me over.  I worry more about the next one, which is July 18 to June 19.   There I only have four reviews and 17 hires.   

RCPS
Level 7

@JoeB131 Ditto, I’m in the same boat!
Rjc
Level 6

Exactly, I have not been getting any jobs since the changes- and I hardly ever bid now that upwards of 10 pros can bid for every lead .
Hey TT- heres a suggestion: Go Back to the old model where your Pros were actually happy to bid and actual landed real jobs!
Moderator Kameron

@CappellaPhoto I definitely dislike hearing that you're not seeing the success you expect on the new system. You've accomplished so much with Thumbtack, with so many great reviews, hires, and photos to go along with it. We believe and have confidence that if you could find such success on the previous system and work through all the changes that were made to it, then you can see even further success with Search Results. We'd be sorry to see you go, but before you decide to leave I have some ideas that could help. One big thing I've noticed while checking over your account is that your prices are listed but not yet finalized for customers to see. This could definitely be a big help in getting you additional contacts. I also noticed you're based in Florida. We'll be having a Pro Community event in Miami on Jan 24th and if you're open to it I'd highly recommend going to meet with some of our employees and other pros in person to get some additional insight. Feel free to send me a direct message and we can get you some of the additional info that you'd need to attend.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 9

@Kameron

I know your comment was for @CappellaPhoto about the Miami event.

Maybe @CappellaPhoto can't make the Miami event . I know that I can't and I live in Florida. I've reached out to @DustiO  about why I can't attend. 1) it's over 2 hour drive from me, 2) I'm busy with DJing events that weekend starting with the day of event. She sent me a link for a phone conversation after she gets back from Florida.

I've given you and many other reps suggestions how to improve Promote, but there seems to be nothing in the works. @CappellaPhoto has had alot of success with the old system. This new system isn't working for us now. I've been with Thumbtack for over a year, and have had some success up til November 2018.

Not going to rehash my dislikes about the new system. You know how I feel about it, and what I've done to try and use Thumbtack. But if you and the other reps take time to read and HEAR everyone's complaint, you will see that the new system isn't working for many many Pros.

Please know that I'm not being rude with my comments, just speaking honestly how I feel. and I'm sure many other Pros feel the same way. No sarcasm here, but how about starting a thread asking Pros what their thoughts are and how to improve the new system? And try to improve this new system soon.

Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie I did see that and was sorry to hear that you won't be able to attend. In regards to a thread to hear and gather pro thoughts and feedback. This is what we've done with each Q&A we've hosted so far about Pricing, Search Results, and Ranking. This is in addition to each thread that pros create and or contribute to on their own. Our project managers have gotten a lot of feedback and ideas to work from with each Q&A and are working hard everyday to find any improvements that make sense and to get them implemented. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 9

@Kameron

This isn't directed at you personally. But by the time project managers decide which suggestions make sense to them, many many pros will be gone.