Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
TLC
Level 5

Re: Top pros

I used to make "Best of Thumbtack" . I have had no accolades since the implementation of the new program. I am a private tutor/learning coach. Abput a year ago, a teenage girl who dod not want tutoring recieved my services. As is my standard practice, I meet with the parent and the student post session to go over any feedback. While her mother and I were present, the family scheduled ongoing tutoring. After they left, the daughter obviously lied to her mother abouth theseeion, which resulted in my one ONLY ever one star review. I issued a full refund. I haveadressed the problem of statistical outliers with Thumbtack(to no avail). As with any data colection, the top and bottom should be dropped to ensure aproper mean(average) this is STANDARD procedure with the collection of statistics. I have to get 20 more 5 star reviews to undo this. Why a teenager should have so much control over my ranking is disturbing. Thank you for allowing me an opportunity to vent. Much appreciated. I feel for those of you who are not achieving status due to forces beyond your own control. I am quite frustrated withthe Top Pro status, as it holds a certain prestige in the search engine. 

0 Kudos
mcb274
Level 5

100% right on those fake leads. I received two of them this past week.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@mcb274 if you have leads that seem suspicious, we want to look into them. Go ahead and send me a private message with the names of these two customers and I'll dig into it. 

0 Kudos
mcb274
Level 5

Hi Meckell, appreciate that. How do I send a private messsge to you. I do not see that option.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@mcb274 just go to my profile here. From there, you'll see the option to Direct message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LZDNVG
Level 6

Are you reaching out to Thumbtack and letting them know about fake leads? I have before and I've always been reimbursed. They care and want to know about fake leads and I've been told by them they do all they can to combat them.

DMS1666
Level 5

HI

I am in the same boat!  What do we do when we get HUGE views but no jobs?

Last week I had 858 views with 5 leads and 2 actual hires.  YIKES!

Dawn

The views have to be inflated. I turned off the ability to auto bid or get charged when they direct message me. All I got were Indian call center scammers. Then I would have to contact support and get a "refund". A credit is not a refund.

I also miss the days when clients were forced to put a phone number and a budget. Like I want to pay $50 for a a chance to talk to a website lead who has only a $200 budget or no phone number to actually follow up with.

labelle339
Level 4

Please shout louder for those at the back!!!!
I miss phone numbers and BUDGET disclosures. Right now,its a complete joke! I dont even know how I made it to top pro. I mean, i know the quality of my work is good,but thumbtack hires suck!
RCPS
Level 6

Well, my concern and fear was confirmed today when I got an email saying that I lost my Top Pro status. I’ve had only one hire since all of the new changes on this platform. Can’t get reviews without hires. Ugh. After being 50+ times with 5-star reviews, this was disappointing. This week I’ve only had 19 views. Compared to over 500 last month. This was all on Promote. But still only one qualified lead which turned into the one hire. This is especially difficult because I recently relocated and am in an entirely new market.