Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
V-Sing
Level 5

Why have travel preferences been removed from filters?

Why have travel preferences been removed from filters?  This makes leads far lower in quality.  I keep getting leads that think I am local and I am paying for them too.  One was ready to book and then he realized I am hundreds of miles away.  I do state my location in my profile, but we all know that many people don’t read.  

Occupations (1)
States
10 responses

Re: Why have travel preferences been removed from filters?

I was wondering the same thing, suddenly I'm getting leads from a 100 miles away.  I never changed any settings....

Moderator Meckell

@AutumnElectric I looked into your account and am not seeing anything in your Jobs tab. The next time a job comes in that's that far away, please let me know. 

0 Kudos

@Meckell  I deleted it all last night.

I will.

0 Kudos

@Meckell   check my profile now, a bunch of jobs just popped up, 100 miles away

screen.jpg

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@AutumnElectric thanks for the heads up. I'll look into this and will get back to you soon. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@V-Sing travel preferences are still in all filters and job requests. In your travel preferences, you have the option I work remotely (phone or internet) selected. When that's selected, you will receive leads from all over the US. 

0 Kudos
V-Sing
Level 5

No, sorry, not so.  When I initiate a search as a customer, I put in my zip code and then under “filter” the only one I am given is what type of music I want to learn.  There used to be 3 choices in initial filter (teacher travels to me, I travel to teacher, can be done online).  To clarify, I DO want online teaching.  The last few leads I got were from people who did not want long distance.  They didn’t even realize that most of the leads were long distance.  Can you please correct this because I paid for these leads and I am sure others are too.  It was also a big disappointment for the customer, one whom had already booked a time with me!

Moderator Meckell

I'll get you taken care of @V-Sing. Go ahead and send me a private message with the names of the customers. 

0 Kudos
ReeseTee
Level 7

hello: I am an Admin of an unofficial Facebook group of Thumbtack Pro's. People in my group are experiencing this problem. I am experiencing this problem.

This is NOT a case of people being too stupid to figure out how to operate the Thumbtack Website.  Something is wrong!  Please get your team on this issue.

thank you  Reese Turbin

0 Kudos