Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Hankster
Level 10

Action required: Update your information to continue using Thumbtack

Anybody else get this e-mail from Thumbtack? I got this yesterday afternoon. The form is asking for my legal name, DOB, & home address. Why does TT need this information? i want a legal reason why I need to complete this. I've completed the background check by using Checkr so why am I required to fill out this form in order to keep on using TT? Keeping it safe from who exactly? I'm not appearing in search results currently because I haven't filled out the form. This is bordering on ridiculous. None of the other lead sites out there ask for this type of information. You already have my name, e-mail address & phone number TT. That's all I should need to provide.

Hankster 7/24/19Action Needed.jpgAction required: Update your information to continue using Thumbtack

28 responses
MR
Level 11

Re: Action required: Update your information to continue using Thumbtack

@Hankster  The text in that email really has the appearance of being spam. It seems far too brief and high level to look legitimate. It will be interesting to see what response is given.

Highlighted
cranichik
Level 8

I was just going to post this same question! I got it, too. It looks like spam.

Never answer directly from those emails, there are fake credit card and bank requests like that. Always go directly to the site and see if they really need some updating.

In this case, TT has our info, so no need to "update".

MR
Level 11

What possible legitimate reason would they need your home address for? And for age, all they need is a checkbox that states " I am 18 or older and can legally use this site for legitimate purposes". They DO NOT Need the exact birth date. Taken together, you can do a lot with these three pieces of information - for that reason, I am quite sure this was not sent by TT. 

TT - if you are requesting this, please provide detailed information as to why this information is needed and what measures are being taken to protect it on your systems.

Moderator Meckell

No worries @MR, I can confirm that email is legit and is not spam. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Hankster that email is indeed legit. If you log into your Thumbtack account, you'll see that you'll need to update your info before continuing to use Thumbtack. This is something we require from all pros as another safety measure. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Another safety measure for whom exactly @Meckell? I want to see something legally from TT about this. Why was there no mention of this forthcoming e-mail that has caught all service pros by surprise in the communuity forums by any of the moderators or community managers?

Hankster 7/24/19

Moderator taylor

@Hankster This is information we've been requiring from all pros for some time to help verify their accounts. Pros who have been with us for a longer period of time may not have provided it in the past as it was optional but will need to from here on out as we continue to improve the safety of our platform. Our Terms of Use mentions that "you agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information during the registration or request submission process and at all other times when you use the Platform, and to update the information to keep it accurate, current, and complete." This information helps us to authenticate your account to protect you. Authentication is the ability to prove that a user or application is genuinely who that person or what that application claims to be. It is an industry-standard. We want to make sure our Pro’s are properly identified in case their account is potentially being breeched by a disgruntled ex-employee or someone trying to commit fraud by pretending to be them. Your information will be kept safe and protected and will only be used for verification purposes.

0 Kudos
Smirkingpunk
Level 5

@taylor You say this information is being kept confidential.  But is it not true that TT sells this information to outside companies?  At least you reserve the right to do so in your user agreement.

Moderator taylor

@Smirkingpunk Sounds like there might be some confusion. We don't in any way sell pros personal information. If you can provide us a little more insight into your concerns we'd be glad to help address them. 

0 Kudos