Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
cranichik
Level 8

Re: Action required: Update your information to continue using Thumbtack

Do you require this exact same information of your job seekers? I know I have gotten some real creepy requests that I refuse to acknowledge.

How are you keeping the Pros safe from them?

Moderator Meckell

@cranichik pro safety is of course extremely important to us! We do have systems set in place that catches suspicious activity. However, there may be times when things slip through. When you encountered those requests that you're referring to, did you report them to us? 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

BINGO @cranichik! TT doesn't require their customers to provide their phone number and/or e-mail address. All we pay for when we get auto charged the one-time fee when the TT customer contacts us and which the TT customer is not made aware of is the leads name. That's it! 

Hankster 7/24/19

Hankster
Level 10

@taylor

since you decided to delete my entire previous post for the reasons you mentioned in your PM & I won't get into here let me ask you the questions that I asked previously. I wouldn't think asking these questions violates any community guidelines.

When you say "We want to make sure our Pro’s are properly identified in case their account is potentially being breeched by a disgruntled ex-employee or someone trying to commit fraud by pretending to be them" which disgruntled ex-employee are you speaking of? I don't have employees. I own & operate my own business.

Why is TT not required to provide any of their employee information other than a first name but yet TT wants my legal name & home address? As I've been told as recently as November 2018 by a TT support person you folks are concerned about safety & that's why TT support staff doesn't provide a last name, phone number or e-mail address. I'm equally concerned about my safety & don’t want to provide my home address or legal name. My background has been checked using Checkr three times since I’ve used TT. I would be more than happy to provide a copy of that report. TT already has my name, e-mail address & phone number.

Hankster 7/24/19

cranichik
Level 8

@taylor @Hankster  Taylor, why are you already deleting posts because someone asks a question?? What kind of forum is this if no can question anything? We are all concerned here and want answers. Where is the community support? 

As far as Hankster's statement re: disgruntled employees, I, also, am a self employed person with no employees. This doesn't apply to me either.

And, I also have a background check. You have all my info. Unless, perhaps you aren't secure with Checkr???

Cranichik 7-24-19

Moderator Meckell

@cranichik as you know, if a post violates Community Guidelines, it will be removed. Questions are welcome we just ask they remain within our guidelines. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Hankster although you may not have any disgruntled ex-employees, there are other pros out there that do. We are keeping all pros in mind when making decisions like this.

As far as employee information, I don't think this comparison is fair. A pro giving a platform some information that helps their safety is extremely different than our employees giving pros their personal information. 

I understand you have taken a background check, which is great. This is something completely different and if you're wanting to move forward with Thumbtack, you'll need to provide that information. If not, we ask that you please remain respectful to everyone here in the Community. Continuing this kind of dialogue will not in any way change the fact that you will need to update that info if you want to continue to use Thumbtack.

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

I am being respectful to everyone here in the Community @Meckell . Where are you seeing that I'm not? I certainly don't appreciate your tone & insinuation that I'm not being respectful to anyone here. If anyone in the Community is offended by ANYTHING I've said please feel free to direct message me. I'm just questioning the reasoning why TT needs this information which is my right to do so since it’s my information that's being asked for! Let me use this example then. I'm a business owner. You are using my business via my web site to promote your business, product, etc. If you were never asked initially when you signed up for your legal name & home address & now, I'm asking for that information would you just willingly give that to me without questioning first the reason why I would need it? All the form states is 'To build safety on Thumbtack, it's critical that all pros complete this step. All information provided below will be kept secure'. That's a very vague statement & doesn't provide any legal reason why this is needed.  I'm sorry but I still don't see how providing my legal name & home address to TT is helping my safety. I have ways of protecting my safety without TT's help thank you very much. So, as I mentioned I don't have any employees. Can an exception be made in my case which doesn’t require me to fill out this form in order to continue to use Thumbtack? 

Hankster 7/24/19

Hankster
Level 10

@MeckellI was anticipating a response to my latest post on this discussuon. I understand that you are busy responding to other posts, direct messages, etc. When you have a moment please respond. I would prefer that you respond in the Comunnity versus a direct message. Thank you.

Hankster 7/26/19

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Hankster I really have to echo your thoughts. I too wonder why we have not seen a summary description of how this data is used and why it is needed. 

Advice to TT: Even with all of the problems reported in the application, I strongly believe that if TT was more transparent in several ways, it would go a long way to settling the high tensions that we see here so often. There is so much that we are left in the dark about: what is being developed, where is the focus for fixes, how is personal data used, etc etc etc. Giving us answers to those questions is really important.

So often, we see lots of moderator response when someone posts a cute post about how they overcame something to be a success or why they use TT... and that's great, but we see virtually no moderator response when the tough questions are presented. Why is that? If those questions are outside of the scope of the forum, please advise.

Transparency is key. THe pros here need more information. I know you can respond to this post with links to Dustio's posts or other links on what has been done, etc, but none of that really is deep enough or detailed enough... in fact most of the time those posts give birth to more questions than they answer. So please, no need to respond here with past links.. that would be missing the point of this post.

One attribute of good customer service is all about transparency. Please open up a bit and respond to these very important questions that are being asked.

Unfortunately I truly believe that I have just wasted 3 minutes typing this post, but as someone who advocates for every-day people each and every day so that their voices are heard, I just feel its important to send this message.   Every now and then a client of mine is also a Thumbtack client. I am sure, as Thumbtack is a common link between us, that TT would expect me to treat that client with the utmost in client care and be open and transparent to them about their case. Why should I, as a TT client, expect anything less from TT???  To become a new Top Pro, you had very high expectations of me... Now, as a new TopPro, if this truly is a partnership, I too have much higher expectations from TT as well.