Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Hankster
Level 10

Re: Action required: Update your information to continue using Thumbtack

Bravo @MR I echo your sentiments 100%! TT claims they are transparent but to me it's a veiled transparency at best. I'm also a Top Pro. Have been for the last two years. I will imagine I've spent countless hours posting, suggesting, airing my frustrations, etc. in many different post discussions since I joined the Community Forums in August 2018. I've echoed this statement ad nauseam for many years to various support teams at TT & in these forums. I'll echo it again. Work with your service pros! Not against us!

Hankster 7/27/19
Hankster
Level 10

I responded to a survey request that popped up after I opened the TT Pro app this evening. We won't get into what review rating I left and the comments I left. I did mention this very subject. I received a response back from a support person named Brittani. Here's what she tells me:

'As far as us asking you for your legal name, date of birth and address, the agent that responded to you is correct, we do want to make sure we are able to verify your information. If we did not ask for this information, we could have kids playing pranks and creating professional profiles or we could have more and more scam companies that take advantage of our customers. We strive to create a safe environment for not only our professionals but our customers as well'. 

So now we go from what taylor said 'We want to make sure our Pro’s are properly identified in case their account is potentially being breeched by a disgruntled ex-employee or someone trying to commit fraud by pretending to be them' to the response above from Brittani as to the reason why TT is now requesting a legal name, DOB & home address from their service pros. Two completely different answers. 

What about the ghost leads that we get? You don't think kids are playing pranks & sending fake leads? You bet they are! These requests don't get screened! Someone contacts me on Promote. I get autocharged & never hear back from that person. Try getting your money refunded. It's a painful process. What new measures will be put in place for the service pros protection? TT customers are not required to read the Terms of Service, provide their legal name, DOB or home address when they fill out a request. TT doesn't make their customers provide an e-mail address or phone number. It's all one sided in favor of the TT customer! 

Hankster 7/26/19

MR
Level 10

@taylor  When you say: We want to make sure our Pro’s are properly identified in case their account is potentially being breeched by a disgruntled ex-employee or someone trying to commit fraud by pretending to be them. Your information will be kept safe and protected and will only be used for verification purposes"    

Isn't this accomplished by most sites by requiring that the pro or user have a 5 or 6 digit code sent to their email on file or text message to their phone.. then the pro has to (within 10 mins) enter that code into the browser to be allowed to open up the system??

Can you provide a detailed example of just how this data would be used to "verify their accounts?"

I have not received this email. Am I ok?

Moderator Meckell

@ChefOfAllSeason this email was not sent to all pros. If you didn't get it, that means we've either already have had you update your information or you'll be asked to at a later time. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

What time frame is Thumbtack looking at to notify ALL Pros to give their personal information again?

DJ Stevie 7-27-2019

cranichik
Level 8

For me, IF and WHEN I get an actual lead or job request that I can possibly do, is when I may update. Note, I haven't been hired since Feb. 2018, through TT, that is. I continue to get nonsense requests hundreds of miles away because I don't use promote. I can't use promote because my job is too specific, and promote doesn't account for what I can and cannot do.

I am sure this will be deleted soon.

Cranichik 

7-27-19

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@cranichik  There is no reasonable reason why your post would be deleted. It is on point, states your current situation and conveys the situation you are in. In fact, it should be added to the tracker where promote issues are being tracked so the team has even one more data point of issues to consider.

Highlighted
Hankster
Level 10

I'm still awaiting a legal reason why TT needs my legal name, home address & DOB @Meckell None of the other lead sites require this information. 

Hankster 8/9/19