Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee GeenaG
Thumbtack Employee

Add your prices. Get a rank boost.

We’ve heard from customers that seeing pro prices upfront is important. It gives them a sense of what it's like to work with you and whether you are the right fit for the job. By posting your prices upfront, you should get fewer price shoppers and can stand out from other professionals.

This is why we've been working to allow professionals like you to post your prices on Thumbtack. And this option is now available in the new search results experience!

Showing your prices will make you more competitive in search results. And when customers reach out, they will already know your prices and be serious about working with you. You'll also get a rank boost in search results.

You can set up and post your prices in your Services page. Pricing setup will look something like this:

[de4cd92edcec17c9175e8a5cfbf6c556]_Image 2018-11-07 at 1.55.35 PM.png

The prices you post should reflect your typical rates, but keep in mind, your prices are just estimates. You can always adjust them based on the job details.

However, we understand some services can't be priced upfront. If you need more details to offer a price, consider:

• Adding a starting price to let customers know the minimum they can expect to spend.
  • Using your profile to tell customers why you need to learn more about the job before you can give a personalized estimate.

Let us know if you have any questions! We’d love to hear from you.

13 responses
DJStevie
Level 5

Re: Add your prices. Get a rank boost.

How do I add prices for every event that I service? My DJ services range from church/school functions, parties, graduations, weddings, etc.

I added my pricing in my profile, but where on Thumbtack do I add prices for each event???

And in my profile, besides trying to explain my services, pricing, etc. how do I keep it to a minimum without having customer move on to someone else? Before this stupid change, Instant Match sent quote and I was able to follow up with a personable message(if customer is looking for basic service, etc), trying to help them.

Why the change? I'm a very personable person, and been successful for 29 years. Now I'm told by several reps at Thumbtack to change who I am, "just sit back and wait for a reply".  Been successful this year at Thumbtack as well, but even though I get hired, not many customers "hire" me, leave a review, or return messages. Why doesn't Thumbtack insist on customers to do those simple things?

Moderator Meckell

Thanks for reaching out @DJStevie. At this time, you have the option to have different prices for the three different event types; Wedding, Corporate, and all others. I'll be sure to pass the feedback along that you still want it more specific. For school functions, parties, and graduation do you charge different prices depending on the number of people or just because the events are different? Any specifics you can provide would be extremely helpful! 
We made this change keeping both customers and pros in mind. 
We’re always working hard to make sure we introduce you to the right customers and we want customers walking away with confidence that they're going to get their project done. As customers answer questions about their project, we show them a variety of pros that are a good match. Then, they pick the pros that they like best and reach out directly. This way, you know that every customer that messages you has already seen your profile and made the choice to contact you. 
Not to worry, you can still be personable in your responses to the customer as well as well as in your profile. Let me know if you have any questions. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 5

Thank you for your reply. I sent you a private message

JSGDS
Level 6

I don't like listing specific prices id much rather enter a general price range like $100-$175.  It's all ways so awkward having to tell a customer "I know you thought it was $100 but in your situation its $145"  just feels like it puts a bad taste in there mouth.  Now a price range gives you flexibility and it makes it easier to ask the customer questions about there project. I'm definitely no app/web/marketing developer but wouldn't it be easier for TT to let the pros type a range and let them explain to the customer the sub-categoriesand price differences? 

0 Kudos
MrKingslien
Level 4

I dont see an option to do this for 3D modeling or engineering and technical design. This would be an hourly rate.

0 Kudos
nunz
Level 4

I went to the app to turn on Instant Match tonight and don't see the switch there. Is my app not functioning properly or did you just remove it without first telling us it would vanish tonight?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@JSGDS @MrKingslien as of right now, it's set up as an hourly rate. You bring up some great feedback on why having a range would be helpful for your business' in particular. I'll pass it along! Thanks for your suggestions. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi, @nunz we have changed from Instant Match to promote. If you look into your settings, you'll see that you have the option to promote all of your services. When you're services are promoted, we'll send your info to customers who's job match your preferences, just like we did with Instant Match. This article here has a lot of helpful info about promote. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions!

0 Kudos
nunz
Level 4

Why didn't you tell us ahead of time that Instant Match would be removed?

0 Kudos