Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
zalezphoto
Level 5

Am I the only one

This month is 5 years I started using Thumbtack, and top pro nearly every single quater since. it woud appear that in that process come up with a way to make as much as they can at my expense. Am I the only thinking this way? It appears to me that all the changes they keep making  are outrageous, lacking logic or common sense. If there are any of you usisng the platform for over 3 years having more success today than back then?  I've already had many conversations with custumer service, they are always pleasent and professional, but don't have any leverage or power for real change. I'd like to hear your experiences.  Thank you.  Francisco  zalezphoto@mac.com

Occupations (1)
States
21 responses

Re: Am I the only one

You are not the only one.  You only need to browse the small business talk>trending topics or the pro lounge>forum sections of the TT community to see that many of these changes have chased a lot of us away.  

Thumbtack was so useful to me when I initially started my business, so I check back periodically to see if things have improved, but I'm largely getting my work elsewhere at this point.

Shareen Mann
Freelance writer and editor with The Write Mann, LLC
zalezphoto
Level 5

Thanks for that reply! I’m one always inclined for solutions. I’ve shared my views with them many times, never a follow up.
I can say that staying very active in linked in seems like a good long term investment, based on the activity and people looking at my profile. But there changes are strange too, as premium member I was getting job requests, but now they seem to have stopped that, and $59 a month not worth it so I canceled that. What are you doing that’s working, other sites I’ve encountered, seem to be racing to the bottom. Thanks again!

Francisco
DCFGCatering
Level 8

We are down big time since the changes. Morale crushing 50$ quotes for new canned responses.

Any day now your customized template is going away too.

Can’t wait.
Moderator Meckell

@zalezphoto I'm happy I was able to catch you in a direct message. Any feedback you have on our recent changes are super appreciated, feel free to send them to me at any time.

0 Kudos
fitcap
Level 7

You are not the only one
I've been with the Thumbtack more than 5 years and business is gotten worse and it's continuingly getting worse
Highlighted
dagomatic
Level 6

It is literally every single person that uses this site....

DannyPhung
Level 6

Hi, @zalezphoto , Francisco just want to say you're great at what you're doing and professional. Customers are pleased with your works.
0 Kudos
1NancyG
Level 6

No, you're not the only one.

I'm also a Top Pro. 

I've only been with Thumbtack for a year; however, suddenly in July the number of jobs I got dropped dramatically. Before that, I had no problem finding work. I would put in a few hours on the computer and I had jobs lined-up every week. Now, it's crashed. I have only one job for October, two in November. I sent out bids to 73 people last week and I didn't get back any solid replies. Those that I got back were fake and I was charged $50 for them.

It's horrible.

Mkat4464
Level 6

No you are not. I agree. This seems to be a way for Thumbtack to make more money. I’m not too sure what you have to do to qualify to become a top pro. I see pros that hardly have any reviews and they are a top pro. I don’t get it. I was one of the very first pros on Thumbtack. They used to give awards which I got. My thinking is the pros who quote the most will get that status. I have tried reaching out to support and have not gotten any satisfactory answers or sometimes no reply. You used to be able to call them but now I believe it’s just email or text.