Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Am I the only one

Thanks for reaching out, @Mkat4464 I'm happy to clarify! We refresh our Top Pros every six months and there are certain criteria that need to be met in order to become a Top Pro. You can learn more about this here.
Although we do have email and text support channels, there is still the option to call. I'm always happy to help you out here as well, just send me a private message at any time! 

0 Kudos
Erod1
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

The lead price its totally off scale!! For every 10 “QUOTES SENT” I get 1 response from a customer and my bank it’s getting hit back. Planning on taking my business somewhere else.
The application freezes when needed the most
Jillian
Level 5

I agree, I sent you a bunch of leads one week.  Two answered me back to say I'm good, I hired someone else.  One hired me and I got charged for 3 quotes.  

Jill-Smiley
Level 4

Exactly‼️
0 Kudos
GBCon
Level 3

Yes, the pricing is screwed up. I got charged a few weeks ago because the customer called. Never left a message, never acknowledged they called via the online message I sent them. But Thumbtack charged me because the customer “made contact”. I never heard from them. Another one never gave me their address to come do an estimate. I had to fight for that refund.  Set price and only when actual contact is made. Not a missed call dial!

Highlighted
Darren73
Level 5

This community forum was Thumbtack's BEST decision in a LONG time. The jury has deliberated and hopefully Mr Marco concedes. You're killing us Thumbtack. Fix it!!!
Shuddrbug1
Level 6

Hey Darren, 

According to the customer service reps, (when I've called to voice my concerns over all the changes) they say it's the Pros that are requesting these changes. I totally laughed at that remark and asked if he was kidding! After seeing this forum responses, there is NO WAY that many Pros requested all of these crazy changes.  One rep pretty much said that was it and if I didn't like it, I didn't have to use Thumbtack. I told him that I thought that was poor business in chasing away so many of their long time Top Pros instead of trying to make a change that would keep all of us. 

I was recently covering a wedding where ALL of the vendors were found via Thumbtack. Myself (the photographer), DJ, Wedding Planner, Florist, Photo Booth, and Bartender. They've also stopped using Thumbtack because of the changes in pricing and sending quotes.  Honestly, I just wish that Thumbtack would go back to the credit system and make it affordable for Pros to continue to use the platform. Since all of the changes, I've only had 4 hires in the past year. (My average was 35 a year with Thumbtack).  I've totally stopped sending quotes at this time.

Shuddrbug1
Level 6

I was also charged $40 something for someone to reply with "We're still checking portfolios, and hope to make a decision soon." There were 15 other pros that quoted on that lead and everyone got the same response.  Another time I got a response "How much are prints?" I fought to get that refund.  Unfortunately, as much as I used to love Thumbtack, I'm not going to be using them until several things are changed and left in place for more than a week.

Moderator Kameron

@Erod1, thank you for weighing in. As for the troubles you're experiencing with the app, I'd recommend trying our troubleshooting steps if you haven't already HERE. If you go through these and are still experiencing problems then I recommend using that same help center to reach out to our support teams. You can also send me a direct message with your account email address and I'll begin looking into things with you as soon as I can. 

0 Kudos
Latrinidad14
Level 4

Prices is high because just for answer me the customer it doesn't mean i win the job many of them just browsing pro prices and others not serious customers .
0 Kudos