Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
bmatchick
Level 5

Anyone else cheated out of Top Pro status?

Solved! Jump to solution

I'll make this short because I'm finding diminishing returns asking for simple things with TT.  I've been a Top Pro with 60 or 70 5 star reviews and qualified again this past 6 months.  BUT, TT had been sending me eronious instant matches which confliced with calendar dates I had already marked as full and I was given a refunds (along with some other site related problems with matches).  Even though I was given a refund for these errors, the fact that I didn't reply to these eronious matches counted against me as not replying to a customer, so my 24 hour reply rate was 74% (shy by 1%) with everything else being double the chritera needed for Top Pro.

I spoke with customer serveice, and the person looked at the evidence and agreed 100% that this was not my fault and needed to be corrected.  But, after speaking with management, aparently they have no system in place for fixing something like this and to his credit he was almost as upset as I was at the fact I just have to suck it up.  He also said they couldn't compensate me some other way because lots of people got burned this time around due to changes and issues with their site and they'd be compensating tons of people.

I was a Unix engineer for almost 2 decades, so there is no way they can tell me a fix for this is a big deal.  It could be fixed for an individual in 30 seconds or they could put a page together so the customer service people could make a database change- whatever- they just don't care.  The fact that they won't lift a finger to fix a problem they created, potentially impacting many quality businesses, is completely outragious.  I don't know exactly how much Top Pro status matters in the end, but that isn't the point.   I see more competition for them on the horizon, like Bark, and I don't think it's a good idea to continue angering their pros by not owning up to their misakes.  I get that things happen and bugs creep in and I expect that.  I also expect them to make things made right in the end, and that's not happening.

Occupations (1)
States
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Meckell

Re: Anyone else cheated out of Top Pro status?

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, @bmatchick I know how important Top Pro is and I want to clarify a couple of things. Response rate is a new criteria that we haven't measured before, and I understand why there would be frustration around changing the Top Pro criteria. With that, there's no indication that response rates weren't measured correctly or in any way different than what's specified on the Top Pro website:  https://www.thumbtack.com/pro-center/top-pro/.

It notes in the FAQ that we only measure response time to a new customer contact, and time to respond to subsequent messages don't count. If you don't like or want a particular job, we don't require that you send the customer a message back. Instead, you can simply pass on the job, that counts as a response. All we ask is that you take some sort of action on the customer's message because we don't want to leave them hanging. We also excluded contacts that you're refunded for, so you don't have to worry about those. 

I'm sorry that you came up just short this time! I know customers will continue to see all of the awesome reviews you have, and I have no doubt you'll be able to get that Top Pro badge in January.

0 Kudos
9 responses
DCFGCatering
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution
Literally the same thing happened with our company

We have over 100 5 star reviews and have been a top pro for the last three years running. We tripled the requirements and also were robbed of our top pro status because we were at 74% in our reply time.

If someone messages me “great, I will call you in 15 minutes“. They call me and we book then I don’t need to write them back on thumbtack.

In fact.

I try to get all of the clients that I gained through Thumbtack off of Thumbtack almost immediately and into my email or my phone. That way we have a better and more reliable connection.

We too were penalized for this absolutely stupid new rule that thumbtack has enabled.

Everything as of late has almost been in order to hurt to pro,
And all the leads that we used to get like wildfire have completely gone cold.
bmatchick
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm sorry to hear that.  Now I'm told that the only time the 24 hour reply rule matters is with the first reply, not subsequent replies in the conversation because I brought up the same point about getting customers away from TT ASAP.  Again, that's what they said, but I don't know that for sure or how to find out.  TT customer service people are aways very nice, but the fact that nothing can get escalated is bologna, especially when dealing with quality vendors.  I would be nice if TT monitored threads like this and could clear things up.  Not counting on that. Smiley Happy  

mnjn
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/How-Thumbtack-works/Top-pro-Status/m-p/2394#M186

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Manage-your-jobs/New-Top-Pro-Limitations/m-p/1802#M33

Hello @bmatchick I ran into the same issue tried to plead my case, showed them the errors , offered some ideas , only hear crickets.. Above are two posts I made addressing similar issues.. Not sure how TT responds to posts. Service call wasn't much help. Good luck , as Bruce Willis once said... "Welcome to the party pal!"

Not sure if the links will work etc.. but if you click on my name it takes you a forum profile.. under there you can read posts that people have made.. that helped me get  a pic of the heartbeat  going on recently.

-Mark

bmatchick
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I am now getting High-Five and 5 Star awards linked to my profile for posting this and having people agree.  Do they not see the irony in that?  Maybe I can use a Thumbtack High-Five to pay my electic bill?

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, @bmatchick I know how important Top Pro is and I want to clarify a couple of things. Response rate is a new criteria that we haven't measured before, and I understand why there would be frustration around changing the Top Pro criteria. With that, there's no indication that response rates weren't measured correctly or in any way different than what's specified on the Top Pro website:  https://www.thumbtack.com/pro-center/top-pro/.

It notes in the FAQ that we only measure response time to a new customer contact, and time to respond to subsequent messages don't count. If you don't like or want a particular job, we don't require that you send the customer a message back. Instead, you can simply pass on the job, that counts as a response. All we ask is that you take some sort of action on the customer's message because we don't want to leave them hanging. We also excluded contacts that you're refunded for, so you don't have to worry about those. 

I'm sorry that you came up just short this time! I know customers will continue to see all of the awesome reviews you have, and I have no doubt you'll be able to get that Top Pro badge in January.

0 Kudos
bmatchick
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I didn't come up just short if you remove the problems caused by the web site.  Are you saying that you looked into my account and that it is being assessed correctly?  Because that's not what the customer service rep said when we looked at the evidence and several instant matches.  Several jobs that counted against me were either erroneously sent to me for days which were marked as unavailable on my calendar (and for which I was given a refund), or they were fringe jobs with the reply/pass buttons.  Regarding reply/pass jobs, it says nowhere on the page that you need to respond in any way or within a time frame.  I had a long talk with customer service about that and they agreed that it's completely misleading.  The tone of what's written at the top of the page implies the exact opposite and doesn't say that anything needs to be done if one isn't interested.  It's unreasonable that I should need to read every faq and changing rule when the page could simply say, "Please make sure to hit reply or pass within 24 hours."   Go look at how those jobs are presented and tell me whether it's obvious that action is required or you'll be penalized.  I was also apparently dinged because a customer was trying to use your phone call feature and it never worked.  She tried 10 times and I never got a single call.  They said they'd fix it and still haven't.  Who knows what else counted against me because I'm told there is no way to get a report of which jobs didn't meet the time criteria- I had to go find them by hand.  But as I said, new features and bugs aren't what angers me.  It's the fact that there is no provision to fix mistakes caused by Thumbtack.  Why not?  It's trivial to remedy. That's what I find inexcusable.  Customer service agreed 100% that I should have Top Pro status just as in past periods but said nothing could be done because no system is in place to fix my account.  TT is making a lot of people angry when it doesn't have to.  Changing the rules mid game along with web site bugs should not cause this kind of chaos when it can be fixed with a single database entry (or something along those lines).  I don't see what the company has to gain by any of this and why good customers aren't given the benefit of doubt when TT admits there were web site bugs along with moving targets introduced in the middle of everything.  My customer service is much better than Thumbtack's because if I make a mistake I own up to it and fix things so I don't have customers complaining about me in public.  I hate to be such a squeaky wheel about this, but it really feels like I'm banging my head into a wall.  Do you know why I keep shopping at Amazon?  Because when I call with a problem and can make a reasonable case for whatever it is, their people have the power to fix it then and there.  With TT, a problem can't even be appealed or escalated, at least none that I've had.  I appreciate you taking the time to answer, but telling me that everything worked as it should after everything I've said (and was told by your own people) and that I'll get'em next time around is patronizing and a bit insulting.  It's becoming pretty clear that nothing is going to be done for me or anyone else.  

Philbomb
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I had a differtnt issue, but I don't feel that it's being comprehensivly addressed:  "Top Pro Status Corrections  "I received an email from Thumbtack in April 18 updating me on my "Top Pro" status.  I was qualified in every area except that I needed one more "Verified" review.  Between April and June, I got two verified reviews.  I called Thumbtack support the first week of July to make sure that the reviews were credited.  I was assured that my reviews were verified reviews, and was told that I had qualified as a"Top Pro".  On July 17th I recieved an email telling me that I had failed to meet the requirememts for "Top Pro"?  I spoke with Customer support that day,and was told that I was not the only Pro that this had happened to and that Thumbtack was working to correct a glitch.  That was 10 days ago, and Thumbtack has not followed up with me, nor updated me.  Has anyone esle experienced this issue?  How were/are things resolved for you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Larry85029
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I've been with TT going on my second year now and the first 6 months I heard about this "Top Pro" and I was amaized that inside of 6 months I made it. I read over the qualifications many many MANY times and I even got a email that stitched it all up for me . But I never got a thing not even the badge and. ( Your telling me real live people work here???? WOW ) I never knew that I know of but hat have recordings that's what hey will call back but ( Really?)? Real live people huh? Needless to say I was hurt . I haven't made much of myself in my life.This made mention feel like I finely made it happen but I got nothing more disappointment now I stay with them because my customers know me and what I'm about they think it's unfare also. One of my best customers is a lawyer and he read over the email the qualifications and looked at every job I did even called a few customers to verify the facts. But in the end there is nothing I can do. Disappointed again ,but I don't let that hold me back I go on every estimate with my head high because in the end I AM THE TOP PRO . and I get the job . TT I would like to thank you .
0 Kudos
JoeB131
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

I wouldn't say cheated... I would say that when TT uses an algorthym to determine who gets Top Pro status instead of looking at quality of reviews and service, it becomes kind of meaningless.  This is what happened to me last year when a single one star review brought down my rating to 4.78, just missing the 4.8 cutoff.  

Compared to the problems with pricing and promoted, however, this is small potatos.