Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Asked if I have a website...?

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm a fairly new pro on here and ran into a bit of an issue tonight:

I'm working on providing an estimate to a potential customer, but they asked if I have a website where they can see some samples of my work (graphic design).

I was like, "Huh?"

I know for a fact that my website is set up on my profile. I see it when I view my profile, myself... but it appears to only be visible when I view my own Pro account when logged in. When I click "View as customer," I don't see it anywhere on the page. I've clicked on each tab, expanded all the "Show more" links and scrolled through the entire page, but nada.

Can anyone confirm?

Thank you!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Kameron

Re: Asked if I have a website...?

Solved! Jump to solution

Great question @BJSDesignStudio, I definitely see how this could make you wonder if the website portion of your profile is even seen. I did some digging on this and found that your website will not show when checking out the "view as customer" option. The reason is that point of view is your public profile, and we don't share that type of pro information publicly. However, once you've sent a quote to a customer they'll actually then see it at the top right of the page very clearly along with your phone number, and city. I've included a screenshot of the example I found for reference.

8 responses
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

Great question @BJSDesignStudio, I definitely see how this could make you wonder if the website portion of your profile is even seen. I did some digging on this and found that your website will not show when checking out the "view as customer" option. The reason is that point of view is your public profile, and we don't share that type of pro information publicly. However, once you've sent a quote to a customer they'll actually then see it at the top right of the page very clearly along with your phone number, and city. I've included a screenshot of the example I found for reference.

Solved! Jump to solution

Oh, great! Thank you so much!

HansenJC
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron  Would you please show a screen shot where our website is located in the top right of the page as you say it is? The screen shot that you posted here seems to have the Phone, Location, and website on the left side. Have you cropped out the left side of the page? And did this Pro not have a Facebook page? I am looking to confirm that a customer can see my Facebook link. Why not just let us see what a customer which we have quoted sees? This is what I am looking for. I want to audit what Thumbtack shows to both the public and to the customers that we have quoted.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Can customers find my Facebook Page and other social media by reading my Thumbtack profile?

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack has a field for social media such as Facebook on the profile form. I have filled in my Facebook URL, but when I view my profile to see how customers view my profile page, I cannot find it listed in my profile.  Why does Thumbtack ask if they do not show it to customers?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Can customers find my Facebook Page and other social media by reading my Thumbtack profile?

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @HansenJC I just checked on your Hansen Home Inspections profile and it looks like your Facebook page wasn't successfully added. Let's have you try to add it one more time and make sure you select save. Once that's added, customers who you've sent a quote to will be able to see it on your profile. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Can customers find my Facebook Page and other social media by reading my Thumbtack profile?

Solved! Jump to solution

@MeckellThanks, I think it worked this time.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
HansenJC
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell  While I can see the link to my Facebook page now, I am unable to confirm that a customer that I have quoted may be able to see my website. I read through a related thread and it seems that Thumbtack does not allow us to confirm the information that customers are able to see after I quote them. I added a question to that thread for Kameron for clarification but I wanted you to follow along.

Perhaps Thumbtack should provide two buttons to click. One to see our public profile, and the second to see what a customers can see after we send a bid to them.

In the pursuit of transparency, pros deserve to have the ability to audit what is shown to customers as well as the public.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@HansenJC I can assure you that if it's on your profile, the customers who receive a quote from you will see it. Pros are in full control of what's on their profile. If it's on your profile, it will be shown to potential customers. The option to see your public profile and what customers see after you send them a quote is a great suggestion, I'll be sure to pass it along!

0 Kudos