Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Sdsop
Level 4

Re: Background checks still not processing

Same issue here. Background check came back clear but still showing it needs to be done.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Sorry for the delay @Sdsop! This has been taken care of and your profile is showing that you have taken that background check. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

I completed a background check on 6/14/19. You mean to tell me I have to complete yet ANOTHER background check via Checkr in order for the background check badge to appear on my profile? Nothing has changed with my background in 2 plus months. Seems kind of silly & redundant to me.

Hankster 8/19/19

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Sorry for any confusion @Hankster. If you look at your profile, you'll see that it's showing on your profile that you've completed a background check. You do not need to take another. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Thank you @Meckell. I see that now. I'm not sure if this has to do with the background check but when I looked at my profile preview earlier today & just a few moments ago on the web app my first name is listed as Henry. That's my given name but I go by Hank. I have for most of my life. Thus the reason for my business name Hankster's Entertainment Service. I'm not able to edit that. .Can that be changed to reflect Hank instead of Henry? Thanks.
Hankster 8/20/19
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Hankster are you referring to the name that's in your account settings? If so, that can't be changed as it has to be your full legal name. Let me know if you have any further questions! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hankster
Level 10

Yes @Meckell that's what I'm referring to. Why does it have to be my legal first name on my business profile? Can my name be listed Henry 'Hank' followed by my last name on my business profile?

Hankster 8/21/19

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Hankster In the past, pros could choose any profile name they wanted and could change it at any time. It made it hard for us to verify who the account owner was and who went through our background check and screening processes. So now, we require pros to use their legal name in their account. 

You are able to update your business name at any time though, and that's what customers see. Customers see your business name in search results, when they view your profile, and when you send them messages. 

0 Kudos
cranichik
Level 8

Re: August’s product improvements

@Drew OK, I have always had a background check on my profile, since day one when I started thumbtack. Now it is gone and you want me to do another one???????????

With Checkr, who has numerous complaints, many listed on this forum.....WHY?

Why did you delete my previous one?????

Cranichik 9-5-2019

ElZorro
Level 5

Re: August’s product improvements

@cranichik I have to agree with you.  Why Checkr which has complaints and class actions lawsuits plastered all over the internet?