Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Background checks still not processing

After viewing the community forums, it looks like Thumbtack has had major issues with Checkr and the background check process. There are more than 10 pages of users having issues with it. I wonder why this has still not been fixed?

It has been at least 2 months since I filled out my application, and even after a call and an email to you, nothing has been resolved.  What's the story?

82 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Background checks still not processing

@needsmorecoffee sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some delays with this. I can see that you've been working with our teams already on this via email and that they should be getting back to you in 2-3 business days. If you have any additional questions about this please feel free to send me a direct message. 

0 Kudos

Well I was eventually able to get this matter resolved, I now have a different problem. Checker stated to me that the reason the background check wasn't processing, was because the name associated with my SS was different than my to profile. In fact, the background check requires you to use your full name including your middle name, which I don't use in every day life. I eventually entered this in to checked to complete the background check, I now have the problem that my full name including middle name, is displayed on my thumbtack profile. I don't use my middle name at all and don't want it on my tt profile. Tt must have changed it on the profile that I've had for over 6 years in order to agree with what was submitted to checkr. However now Thumbtack refuses to remove my middle name from the profile, stating that I need to send them a copy of my ID and a bunch of other information in order to make this change. It has only been a month or two that I've had my profile name changed by the without my permission, and it would be very easy for Thumbtack to see that I've had it without my middle name for multiple years. I should not have to jump through hoops to change it back to the way it should be. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@needsmorecoffee this has been taken care of. If you look at your profile, you'll see that your middle name has been removed and we're just showing your first and last name. If you have any questions or concerns about this or anything else in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. I apologize for the experience! 

0 Kudos
Idcbybelle
Level 4

I am having the same issue! It has been 15 days since I received the “clear” report from Chekr but my profile has not been updated. I’m still seeing the red notice that says I need to take a background check. Can you please see what the hold up is?
0 Kudos
CNB
Level 4

Background check - submitted, completed, but not showing up in Thumbtack

I'm having a similar problem as other users.  I did my background check, it was completed immediately with no issues (shows CLEAR), however I still get the email from Checkr and Thumbtack stating it hasn't been done, the link to complete the background check is about to expire, etc.  I'd love to be able to apply for jobs, but I'm stuck.  Any ideas on what to do next?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Background check - submitted, completed, but not showing up in Thumbtack

Hi @CNB. I'm looking into this for you. I'll reach back out as soon as I get some answers, hold tight! 

0 Kudos
CNB
Level 4

Thanks so much, Meckell!  I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@CNB it's been taken care of! Your profile now shows that you've taken a background check and you can go ahead and connect with customers. Let me know if you have any questions. 

0 Kudos
CNB
Level 4

Thanks Meckell - you rock!