Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
Guardian
Level 1

Bad reviews

I'm the owner of a local small pool business in Phoenix az. We have had nothing but great experience with thumbtack. We also carried a high profile rating. We recieved a review from a person that is very negative. I had messaged this person and told him he had been mistaken about his review and that we where not the company that came out to bid his project. Here in Phoenix there are a lot of pool companies some with very similar names with slight differences. He gave our business a 1 star review. I reached out by messaging him and responding to the review and recieved nothing from him. So we contacted thumbtack to let them know this had been a huge mistake and this review is going to hurt our business. Thumbtack would not remove the review. So now my business has had very little work recieved due to this review. We have a lot of profile views but that's about it. How do we get our reputation back? How can we get this mistake removed? Thumbtack was a huge part of our business and it's been amazing to see what one review will do to a company reputation.
States
0 Kudos
6 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Bad reviews

@Guardian We understand how important reviews are for pros, so I can see how this is frustrating. To keep the authenticity of our site, we don't remove or alter reviews in any way unless they go against our Content and Review policy.  You took all of the right steps by reaching out to this customer trying to figure things out. Please keep us updated with that.
Some other pros have been in your situation when it comes to receiving a negative review. Go here to read their tips and tricks on how to overcome it! 

0 Kudos
HVACPRO
Level 6

Reviews by customers who never hired us

We were marked hired by a customer named Tenzing Palmo who then gave us a one star review. We never worked for him. We only gave him a price, which he refused to pay. We told him to contact someone else as he was trying to get free service from us. How is he allowed to review us with out us working for him. Thumbtack refuses to help us. I’m very close to closing my account. If they allow this it’s an absolute joke.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Reviews by customers who never hired us

I'm sorry about the experience @HVACPRO, I understand how important reviews are for pros. However, we don't remove reviews unless they go against our Content and Review Policy. I took a look into this review, and you were given the right information in that it's not something that we can remove. However, we do give customers the option to update their review. I'd suggest reaching out to the customer and see if you guys can come to a resolution and ask them to update that. If you have any other questions or would like to discuss this further, please send me a private message. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 9

@Meckell 

Perhaps the Review Policy needs to be changed. If a potential customer left me a negative review for a job that I wasn't hired for, I would be more than livid.

Change the policy so that customers need to leave reviews AFTER a job has been done, and that reviews can be removed if customer left a review for the wrong Pro. 

Highlighted
HVACPRO
Level 6

Exactly on point. Great idea. How the else should you be judged. Customer doesn’t like our prices then do not hire us. That’s how they can complain about prices. Not leave a  bad review for not liking my price. 

HVACPRO
Level 6

Re: Bad reviews

Good luck trying to get it removed. I’m going through the exact same problem. I was marked hired by someone who didn’t hire us and he gave us a 1 star review. Never worked for him ever. Thumbtacks great advice was to reach out to the customer and ask him to update the review. Review of what??? I said something derogatory about Thumbtack and they took down my post. So my advice to you is don’t waste your time asking Thumbtack for help and just right a reply to the review so your future customers see your side of it. 

0 Kudos