Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
HVACPRO
Level 6

Re: Bad reviews

Good luck trying to get it removed. I’m going through the exact same problem. I was marked hired by someone who didn’t hire us and he gave us a 1 star review. Never worked for him ever. Thumbtacks great advice was to reach out to the customer and ask him to update the review. Review of what??? I said something derogatory about Thumbtack and they took down my post. So my advice to you is don’t waste your time asking Thumbtack for help and just right a reply to the review so your future customers see your side of it. 

cherylwenzel
Level 4

Honestly, a competitor could do this and ruin your reputation. Thumbtack needs to work for us Pros, too, not just be rigid about their policies. We pay them to work for us and bring us possible business opportunities. Saying they'll NEVER fix an obvious error seems unreasonable business practice. Most businesses will look at each situation individually.

Moderator Meckell

Hi, @cherylwenzel I'm just letting you know that this review has been removed from your profile. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

cherylwenzel
Level 4

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
NorthSide08
Level 1

I’m having the same issue with a negative review that was left on my company from a customer that hired me a year ago and just now marked my company as hired and gave me a negative review. He hired me to do some work and never paid me for it. Stiffed my company by terminating us because apparently he stated that we neglected his project which is completely false. He lives in a building and they have an association that you need to go through to get approvals. That took forever to get approved but then tried to put it on us which all along he never had the money to pay for his project because when I would ask him for the payment he would say he had to get it from his parents. A year later he now wants to write a negative review. I’m not sure if he saw me somewhere or just decided to look at my page now and see everyone giving us positive reviews and decides to freely do and say what he wants and types up a completely false statement. Called Thumbtack and they could not help the pro that is paying them to be in business!!! Very upset how Thumbtack is treating not only myself but it seems like other pros are experiencing no help from Thumbtack.
0 Kudos