Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
venturadrums
Level 4

What on earth happened to my leads?!

Ever since the new updates, I went from having very regular leads to just ZERO. Gone. None, and I haven't changed anything about my response times or anything else about my profile. I'm one of the extremely few teachers in the area that even regularly uses the program, so I don't know- did I somehow get outranked by a bunch of other new teachers and am just not seeing leads?
I'm fine with the new pricing for what I do- it's perfectly reasonable given the success rate I have for new students (I'm a private teacher), but either people just stopped using Thumbtack to find instructors or something...

Very disappointed in the service at this point.

Moderator Kameron

Re: What on earth happened to my leads?!

@venturadrums I want to mention that many services do tend to see things slow down this time of year, is it possible that you're experiencing this as well or are you usually busier this time of year? Either way, I looked into your account to see how we can get you additional leads. Currently, when I search locally in your area, you are the first pro that shows up in the Search Results. When I search remotely or via the internet then you are not listed as an option. Have you considered making that an addition to your travel preferences to see more leads? If you do I'd also recommend using Promote to show up higher in the overall results and getting a 20% discount on contacts. It also looks like your settings and preferences for drumming are not finalized, so I'd make sure to go through those and check that they are set how you'd like and make sure to hit save on each page, this will also be something important to do if you choose to use Promote.

0 Kudos
Zsofica
Level 6

Hi Kameron,

could you check my account, too, please? I would like to know where I pop up in searches, what is my "ranking". Could you check that and drop me with some ideas, please?

Thank you,

Sofia

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Definitely happy to do that @Zsofica. I'll start with the idea that ranking is mostly relative to how well your preferences and settings match with the filters and needs of the customer. After that, it's up to all of the things that go into ranking: Profile, Promoting your business, Pricing, Responsiveness, Reviews.

To start you've got a very high-level profile. Congratulations on making top-pro and maintaining such a high level of reviews! Your pricing and settings are all finalized and your responsiveness is on point. As a customer, to see you listed in the results I'd have to make sure that I've deselected the option to receive lessons remotely via phone or internet since that's not something you currently offer. Once I've done that depending on the filters that are selected you're showing up locally around the 8th spot on the list. 

In order to show up higher in the search results the biggest thing that you can do is promote your business to receive that rank boost and 20% discount. If you felt comfortable in using promote, then I'd also suggest looking into offering your services remotely. You'd likely to show up high in the results there as well for a higher volume of potential customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Zsofica
Level 6

Hi Kameron,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I think TT is not familiar with the nature of private music teaching. This service is not something that can be done over the phone or the internet! Later, when the student is already familiar with the principles, Skype voice lessons work but not from the beginning! Besides, just think about, how could you teach piano remotely?! That's simply ridiculous.

Anyhow, I already tried "promote" but did not seem to work, but I am willing to give it another shot. Also, I'll change my settings regarding "remote teaching" and will see what will happen. However, this is not a service I want to offer. I will do it only to see, whether I'll receive more leads.

Zsofica
Level 6

Same here. I am a private teacher, too. I think this new system might work for some professions but does not for private teachers.

0 Kudos
ChristopherW
Level 6

It's not you and peole haven't stopped using it. It's just harder to use for all parties involved now.

patricklytle
Level 5

Re: Bring the old system back

I am happy to have found this commentary within the community and am glad to know we're not alone in our pain. The "new and improved" TT is a complete disaster. Has taken our booming business to zero in a matter of months. I have had countless online and over the phone conversations with customer service folks who continue to say they're listening and will be making dramatic changes...only to see the site exist in this new model - which has all but killed our business. They've taken all of the work of hiring a company and put it on the customer...the LAST place it should be. Us Pros were doing a pretty great job getting in touch with leads and competeing for them. We won plenty and lost plenty...but at least we could see what we were bidding on and had control over our own messaging. I have a hard time seeing TT survive this. Hopefully somebody over there is paying attention.

DJStevie
Level 12

@patricklytle

My sentiments exactly!! I had much success as well, until they put it in the customers hands. There is a thread posted by MichelleT. Many of us have commented on that with hopes that they listen to us giving ideas of changes, etc. Like you, I hope that they are paying attention.

patricklytle
Level 5

I will search for Michelle's thread and comment. Until it goes back to the way it was, I've shut off all promote and don't spend a dime here. Meanwhile, I'm searching for every other source for leads I can. This is nuts.