Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Chefs in SF Bay area-

@jas great point. Your profile is the best way to get a customer to notice you out of the list of pros they see in search results and sell yourself. Think of it as your storefront where you can showcase who you are, your past work, and any information that might be helpful to customers. A complete profile with lots of photos and reviews, along with listing your pricing info, will go a long way.

0 Kudos
patricklytle
Level 5

Re: Chefs in SF Bay area-

@Ckowens1 your reply shows a general lack of understanding of the issues the Pros have been screaming about since November - or whenever the system officially changed. READ the comments from the Pros. We know how the new system "works" (it doesn't) and we understand what we're supposed to do in the new system. It just doesn't work...and TT will be without Pros soon enough if things don't revert. How many pros need to tell you their business has dried up before you start listening...and doing something about it?

Soup
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about becoming a Top Pro

Will TT ever go back to the way it was before with being charged by the size of the job you bid on and only being charged for jobs you bid on?? I don't use TT anymore because the new system just doesnt work for me,and yes I was a Top Pro with the old system.
itap
Level 4

What do you use now?  I'm curious as this is the first time I've done any of this kind of advertising in my 9 years of owning my business

0 Kudos
Joeriotta
Level 5

Your service has gone from one where I LITERALLY could not keep with the number of jobs I was getting from you to now, where I get NOTHING.

Please don't bother telling me how "...things have changed..." and how the "...the new pricing is better for me..."  Tell me how I go from too much work to NOTHING.  When you have that answer and, MORE IMPORTANTLY, how to fix this problem, please contact me.

Thank you,

Joe

Highlighted
rgyanks
Level 5

I definitely agree. The method by which pros are now given job leads has changed, and NOT for the better!  The previous way of being contacted about leads, ie, many more texts with concurrent emails, made the process quicker and more effective for me. I have received very few "solid" leads and have yet to secure a bartending job thus far this year. If the previous job lead method was still being used , I am certain that would not be the case.

I made Top Pro last year, my first using Thumbtack , and I DOUBT very much that I will dupilcate that this year, unless the job lead method returns to the way it was. Smiley Sad

Rich 

zoeburchard
Level 4

yeah I honestly don't even care if I make Top Pro again because it hasn't done anything for me anyways. Just got a sticker in the mail and that's about it. Unfortunately a sticker doesn't get me jobs. 

jazzdrummer
Level 4

Re: Bring the old system back

I would like the phone numbers of posible clients. Not being able to speak to them is a real deal breaker. I am a Drummer and Teacher and most Drummers and Teachers do not have my qualifications. I need to speak to each prospective customer and explain what I know  and how I can help them learn. With this in mind, I am sure Thumbtack would be much more successfull and we would be too ! Duncan Branom

0 Kudos
Tovicand
Level 5

I’ve been using Thumbtack for a few years now and have spent several thousands of dollars with you. Honestly, I think the “Top Pro” is just a gimmick to get us pros to spend more money on leads. Speaking of leads, this new way of getting leads and “promoting” has not helped my business, if anything, it has slowed things down. You pay for a so-called customer contact, but the customer never responds to my messages. We can’t see the customer contact info like their phone numbers or emails. For example, I’ve been charged over $150 in January for so-called customer contacts (for 6 customer leads). I’ve only been able to speak with ONE. The others have not responded to my continuous messages. Go back to how it was before where customers actually typed messages to the pro. This way, we knew they were legit customers.
JustNjoysb
Level 5

You hit the nail on the head. Out of all of those leads, the one that contacted you was the ONLY legit customer. I've cought on to their tactics. I only contact leads if they appear as new jobs. I stopped replying to direct messages asking for quotes. Specially since i was being charged over $20 per lead last month. I spent over $300 dollars in December alone. It went form $9 a lead to over $20 in Novenber and December.