Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Digitalwhims
Level 6

Business Has Dried Up

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as I have. I've noticed that my business has essentially dried up. The promoting system seems to eliminate the potential customers that I had in the past. Frankly, I think the system sucks. I'm not sure why thumbtack has gone in this direction, and no one has cared to explain it to me. I've been a Thumbtack Pro  for a few years without difficulty, but this year I would be surprised if I make it. I'm thinking that I should look for other opportunities.

I truly have appreciated thumbtack in the past, and have enjoyed very good business through them, but, given the current atmosphere, I'm wondering if they know who's on first.

States
90 responses
BeatsByTiffy
Level 5

Re: Business Has Dried Up

I've already made steps to leave TT. At this point I think there just being greedy. 

MR
Level 10

Maybe.. but I am not sure that there isn't a technology issue going on, perhaps somewhere with their outsourced systems at Google and Amazon. The system is so radio silent these days that it seems like something has ground it to a halt. 

In my case, the promote lead activity is almost nill, and when one does come through, the ghost rate is 100%.

Lar
Level 9

The last proper lead I had was 30 days ago on March 6th. I managed to close it.

Regards,
Laurence

K-9
Level 7

WoW, really? They're sending me Tons of Lead.....of Course they are Two and Three Satates Away......But Lots of Leads.....Maybe they can "Run it by the Team" and see what's going on. Their new Refund Feature doesn't work too well either. Talk about circling the drain !  

cranichik
Level 8

I, too, get a ton of leads......But, because I don't use promote, they are ALL useless. I don't understand why TT won't send me correct leads, like I have specified in my preferences. I have not been hired in over a year from TT. Thank goodness for facebook ads!

MR
Level 10

@cranichik
And I just read on another thread that for those jobs in the jobs tab you can only respond one time until (if ever) the lead responds and you are charged. Then you can respond again.
How does that make you feel?

It leaves me frustrated because sometimes you need more info to determine the cost of the job!

bonnie_bill
Level 8

@MRCould it just be lack of interest by all involved : customers, pros and company alike?

We feel TT made some very bad decisions when they left the original platform of offering leads for Pros to bid on to the new model of trying to control how the Pros WILL do business. It lost it's value for us. 

Rodneyswife
Level 5

I feel the same way. I have been a pro for almost 3 years now and have stayed busy through TT, but within the last 4-5 months, since they have completely changed things around, i am not getting the leads that once came through and i am getting charged outrageous prices to send a message to clients that half the time do not even respond back, but yet i just paid $75 for it. By the time they send me leads, the client had already contacted a pro, if not several.