results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Business Has Dried Up

@Digitalwhims we certainly dislike hearing when a Top Pro such as yourself is not getting along with the new updates. It looks like things have been slow since December, but I noticed 4 happy new reviews for you in March, which makes me want to ask if you've noticed things picking up a bit as we get further into spring? 

You asked for some clarification on why we moved to this new system. With the old system, 80% of customers never saw a single pro. They'd come to Thumbtack looking to hire, but they'd leave before talking to anyone. So we knew that we had to introduce customers to pros instantly, and the new system let's us give customers the instant results they expect. 

That said, we know the system isn’t perfect yet, and we've been collecting pro feedback to make it better. Remember that improving Thumbtack takes time. So we ask for your patience as we work through pro feedback and release subsequent improvements.

mrs
Level 6

@Kameron wrote:

You asked for some clarification on why we moved to this new system. With the old system, 80% of customers never saw a single pro. They'd come to Thumbtack looking to hire, but they'd leave before talking to anyone. So we knew that we had to introduce customers to pros instantly, and the new system let's us give customers the instant results they expect. 

Was 80% not clicking through to pros actually bad?  I'm genuinely asking was that a poor click-though rate for a site like TT? How what's the comparsion to say something like Angie's List/Home pro even insurance.com  Was it 80% unique visitors?  I know as a Pro I visited several lead generating sites as a customer and as a customer, I frequently start, stop and come back to a quoting site when I'm more ready to buy/shop. 

Suenue36
Level 5

Agree! I find the "promoting" feature is not very good. I get "promoted" but then when I respond to customers, I don't hear back. It's very frustrating. I stopped promoting myself because the fees are way too high, and personally don't make sense. If the fees were $5.00 per lead, fine, ok, but they are always different. $14.56, $16.42, etc etc. I asked a Thumbtack chat person before how they figure out the cost of the leads, and they said they have a way of figuring them out but wouldn't give me a clear explanation. 

BeatsByTiffy
Level 5

My business has declined so much because of these "promotions". I've been paying for leads and no responds from the customers. I'm leaving TT unless they get it together quick. They seem to care more about the customers than the pros. I'm losing money, not making money. I need to at least break even. 

K-9
Level 7

Agree, I didn't get a clear explanation either as to "How They are assigning Value" and the Costs assigned to a Job these days seem to have absolutely "No Real World" correlation to the Work Involved. None. So I would really be interested in knowing and understanding their formula. I'm sure they have one. Right? Perhaps it's just a Dart Board as THAT might actually explain the Results I'm seeing. It can't actually be Math can it? Naaaah. Their new REFUND Feature Doesn't Function Either........I'm going to have to run it by the Team and see what's wrong. (LoL) It's truly a Shame because This Actually "used" to be a Great Place with a Lot of Happy Hired Pros.

Now you can't seem to find even One _ Not even in the woodwork. Will the One Happy Hired Pro PLEASE Stand Up ~ It used to be Me - Now not so much. By the way _ A Credit is NOT a Refund and I'm starting to think that with what "they've" done and continue to do _ The Only Winning Move is Not to Play _ and I'm sure (certainly by what I read here) that I'm Not lAone in that and that is most unfortunate. Both for "Them and for "Us". Cheers and Best of Luck to All of You. ~ Will the Last One Out _ Please Turn Off the Lights _ Thanks and Let me know YOUR Feelings ! ~  

Moderator Meckell

Hi there @K-9, thanks for your thoughts! You mentioned that our refund feature isn't working. Can you send me a private message with more info on what's not working? I'm happy to help figure out what's going on! 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@Meckell 

No offense intended, but please re-read @K-9 's posts. The fact that the refund system isnt working (per his/her post) is just a symptom of a much bigger problem. K-9's call to action in the post was not to look into a refund problem.. it is much bigger than that.

Your response esentially dismisses the main intent of the posts with the statement "thanks for your thoughts", and moves to focus in something that is far less important than K-9's actual message.

As I have said before, the two of you are in a tough spot and we all understand that. It is time for the leaders in marketing and customer service to show their faces and respond.

DJStevie
Level 12

@MR 

I agree with you in saying that both @Meckell and @Kameron are in a very tough spot. At times, I've taken out my frustration on a personal level with them, blaming them, when in actuality it isn't them. We do need leaders from marketing, customer service or Marco's office to chime in here(The Forum Community). At least it will show the Pros that TT is actually listening to us, and trying to help us.

MR
Level 10

@DJStevie Completely agree.

I feel so bad when they are forced to respond to the issues with the same responses that have not been well received in the past. Its like the definition of insanity - do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Their leadership needs to get involved as (at least ) the perception of how the system is working for pros is spinning out of control. At least here its pretty civil - the boards on the internet are ruthless.

BeatsByTiffy
Level 5

Leads have significantly declined

I'm a makeup artist and before this new search system went into place my business was booming week by week. Ever since this new system went into place, My leads have significantly declined, and I'm an awesome artist! One of the best on thumbtack, if not thee BEST! My work and professionalism speaks for itself. I know I'm not the only one suffering. I barely get any leads for weeks on end and when they do come in, the customers don't even respond back half the time even after replying within seconds after I receive a message, leaving me paying for nothing. Who's having this issue?