results: 10
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me

Re: [Blank Title]

I am actually wondering why the title to my post was deleted . . . ?

Moderator Meckell

@Billieharasharp a private message was sent to you about that. Check that out when you get a chance and feel free to respond there with any further questions. 

0 Kudos

Nope. I never got a message about the title deletion. I did, however, get a message telling me that you were moving my message to another board so others could find it more easily.  I don't know anyone can find it if it has no title . . . 

But maybe that was the point?

Moderator Meckell

@Billieharasharp it was in that same message, just in the next paragraph. Sorry for any confusion!

0 Kudos

Yes, I saw it. It doesn't say anything, though. What "community standard" did that title violate?  Without specifics, those words mean nothing.

Moderator Meckell

@Billieharasharp I just sent you a follow-up DM with more info regarding your situation. Upon that, you can see our Community Guidelines at anytime here: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Community-news/Community-Guidelines/m-p/4#M2

0 Kudos
GeorgeH
Level 8

Re: Inspiration - Tell us your story.

I was introduced to TT from a stranger that I met at a Starbucks almost 4 years ago.  He said I should try it, and that it was working well for him.  Later that evening I signed up but proceeded cautiously.  I had normal suspicions that it could be a scam.  After 30 days of just watching, no bidding, TT sent me a message, and 10 free credits to give me a boost off the diving board... I took that 10 credits and turned it into my first sale of over $3000.  From there is was wonderful... I learned the in's and out's, became proficient with my bidding, and built my profile.  Now, nearly 4 years later, the shine has faded some as TT has changed so manypolicies and procedures.  If I had been introduced to today's thumbtack, I never would have taken that leap off the diving board.  Instead I would have found another way to build my business.  Today, after several years of winnng together, myself and TT, I source 99% of my business elswhere.  I never knew what a ghost lead was until I came to TT.  We dont have those in the real world... but I guess we dont have badges either.....

Highlighted
GeorgeH
Level 8

Just to clarify... my business has not dried up.  This story does not fit in this thread, but it is where it has landed.  It's true, using thumbtack as a spring board worked well for me.  I was able to track my progress against my competitors, and it was fun.  Now however, those tracking tools are gone, and playing the TT game is sort of like going fishing without a hook on the line.  Meanwhile, due to the changes at Thumbtack that are so difficult to keep up with, i found it more beneficial to do my own work, track down my own business, build new meaningful relationships with clients that i find... In the end, the best jobs are word of mouth anyway.  Since i changed my focus from TT leads to real business, my income has increased exponentially...

Working on that...

0 Kudos

Is everyone still super slow with requests?

This was the slowest Jan, Feb, Mar, April, and now May???? Where are the leads??? TT stopped advertising altogether. I haven't seen a TV ad in well over a year. The only advertising is the domination of google results. And now there were only 1100 requests this week and 850 pros to fill those requests! So, there are only 1.5 jobs per pro, IF 100% of those requests actually hire. But since at least 80% of requests ghost you and never hire anyone, that means that there are only 220 actual conversations taking place. If even 25% of them hire someone (which is an extremely GENEROUS estimate), that means there are only about 55 jobs to be shared amongnst 850 pros.

To double check that math, TT's provided info shows that only 5% of requests ever hire anyone. When I do the math that way, I nailed it right on the head again, as 5% of 1100 = 55. So, once again, 55 jobs spread amongst 850 pros!!!!

So they are adding more pros than jobs. Now we completely understand why we're all sitting here with no work. And I come up at the top of my categories and have priced under my "competition", and my work hired rates, and review rates blow everyone else away! So if I'm being starved, how badly must the others be doing?