results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

CHECK YOUR RESPONSE TIME - it might be inaccurate and lowering your rank!

As we all know, response time is one of several factors which determine our ranking.

Please take a moment to look at yours, and see if it makes sense to you.

It might be wrong and negatively impacting your rank!

A 1hr 33min 30-day average response time seemed unusually high for me, and for the past week or so, had actually been increasing, in spite of attempts to respond to leads very quickly. According to my data - it should be closer to 18 minutes. HUGE difference. I can't find any leads that I haven't responded to.

I have reached out to tech support and have been assured it will be looked at.

In the meantime, I've dropped 3-4 spots in the ranking - and when you're dropping from #1 or 2 to #4 or 5, it certainly will have an impact on that first impression that customers have on you.

Unfortunately, TT does not have any mechanism of over-riding what we believe is an error/glitch - so until they have time to address the issue, the innaccurate time will remain, and my ranking will be impacted as such.

Here are pictures of the 40 leads I've responded to over the past 30 days, averaging approx 18 minutes response time - and the 1hr 33min response time as seen in my Insights tab.

I'm wondering how many of you have had this experience, and how long it took for it to be fixed.

30 Day TT Leads.JPGInsights.JPG

24 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: CHECK YOUR RESPONSE TIME - it might be inaccurate and lowering your rank!

@ScottArcangel thanks for sharing this and I'm glad that our teams are currently looking into this with you. One thing I wonder is if there may have been a few contacts that you declined after a little longer period of time? Declining a new lead in your inbox is also considered a response. If a job isn't right for you, declining quickly will be better than taking a longer time to decline in terms of your response time.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

You had told me that Pausing Promote on/off repeatedly, hurts the rankings. But if we leave Promote on 24/7, and a lead comes in when we're sleeping, at work, school, etc, and we can't reply for hours, that hurts us too.

What is Thumbtack doing to help Pros keep their rankings if we have Promote on, and can't reply to a lead immediately, as asked?

Thanks,

DJ Stevie

5-7-2019

Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie we realize all pros will be busy during the day and of course that everyone needs to sleep. However, all pros are on the same level playing field. If a customer reaches out to you at an inconvenient time chances are that it's happening to other pros as well and everyone's response times may fluctuate accordingly. Which is why response time is also overall over 30 days and one overnight response that took you a bit longer won't have a huge impact.

Is this something that you've experienced first hand and had happen to you often? If you’re too busy to reply with a detailed message, something we've seen pros do is still reply when they can with a brief note and even use a saved reply to let the customer know they’re interested and can provide more details soon when they have more time. This way, the customer knows what’s going on and your responsiveness score is not negatively impacted.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron
I haven't had it happen to me in weeks(I was at a DJ gig and missed out on 2 leads).
Also, I've had no leads in 2+ weeks, except for nonsense leads in my Jobs Tab.
Where I can understand in part of saved replies, as I told @Meckell months ago, and @DustiO as well, I'm very personable and need to be personable with each potential customer, who has different issues.
Where I am speaking for myself, I'm sure that many Pros will agree with me.
The copy/paste and saved replies don't work for me. Sorry.
DJ Stevie
5-7-2019
0 Kudos
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@DJStevie You can use that saved reply to let the customer know you will get back to them - and then follow up with a more personal message when you are available. We can only offer solutions, but you definitely don't have to use them - however, this is a great way to get around response time and not leave customers hanging. The bottom line is, the faster you respond, the more likely you are to get the job!

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@DustiO 

If I decide to use the saved reply to let potential customer that I will get back to them, I stand to lose that job because he/she will think that I'm not interested. So, what good is that saved reply?

I fully understand about responding in a timely manner to get the job, but that isn't always the case as potential customer has reached out to numerous Pros at the same time as reaching out to me. But in recent weeks, I don't have that problem as I've had no leads in my inbox!

DJ Stevie

5-7-2019

0 Kudos
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@DJStevie I think you could definitely leverage a saved reply in your favor! Just use your personal touch in that reply - let them know that you are interested in their job - but that you want to devote your time and attention to the job at hand and that you will get back to them as soon as you can. Express your interest, toot your own horn about being busy on another job (because you're good at what you do), politely let them know that as soon as you can, you'll get back to them, etc. It doesn't have to be a simple "I'll get back to you when you can."

0 Kudos
GeorgeH
Level 8

I have noticed that responding in the negative is just as important as responding in the positive when choosing whether or not to bid a project.  My response rates had dropped down into the 70's because i wasnt declining jobs that i wasnt bidding on.. Very quickly, my response rate rose to 100%.  I usually decline evey job I can get my hands on within the first 2 minutes... It's a little bit harder now that I have deleted the Thumbtack app from my phone... oh well.... rankings are important though...

Highlighted

Dear everyone on this thread - thank you for your contributions. However -

The takeaway here is, there is an error in my profile that Thumbtack is hopefully going to correct. It is negatively impacting my ranking.

You should check yours.

Comments/debate specifically about "response time" have moved it to the "Get Hired" thread where fewer pros will be able to see it... This is generally about errors that ALL pros may want to check for - and I hope they do.