Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Digitalwhims
Level 6

Calculating Percentages - A possible Solution

All Pros complain about review percentages being off: Here's a way to solve it!

For example, A pro has 50 reviews, 48 -5 Star, 1-4 Star, and 1- 3 Star

Total possible = 250 (50x5)

Total available = 247 (48x5+1x4+1x3)

Percentage = 98.8% (247/250) (Round Up to 99)

How hard is that! As the Pro gets better, his percentage get higher. The algorithm gets recalculates each time a review is received. 

HOW HARD IS THAT!

Pros are quite sensative about this percentage since it affects their business. (I'm one of them) .......Denny

0 Kudos
4 responses
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Calculating Percentages - A possible Solution

@Digitalwhims  I  am sensitive about five other things AND Review Percentage. If there are five "things" that impact my profile ranking for searches, I want to see them and calculate them. But really, there are six "things". The last and more important thing is "Promote". But how is the weight of promote calculated? How is the weight of any factor calculated?

I did a test of what Promote could do for my rank. When I turned on Promote, I went from #15 dow to #8. And then without doing anything, two days later I dropped to #10. How did that happen? maybe one of the pros turned on promote and jumped ahead of me. How can I be sure?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Marylyn
Level 6

I am a top pro with 110 testimonials and a 4.9% rating. I have been hired 115 times. I follow up vigilantly with every lead I bib on. I cannot agree with your suppositions. There are far too many mitigating circumstances with how leads are allocated, charged, presented, etc. for your formula to hold up. 

0 Kudos
Digitalwhims
Level 6

@Marylyn I know that there are many factors involved, and just was trying to get somewhere with the calculation of the percentages, ...to make it more accurate...and less confusing..I invite you to devise a better way to standardize the calculation. Denny 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Digitalwhims thanks for taking the time to share this. I'll be forwarding this for our teams to review and compare to our current review rating system. 

0 Kudos