Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
edservices
Level 5

Changes Do Not Seem to Help the Pro—only Thumbtack

Solved! Jump to solution

I started with Thumbtack in 2015. I have had some success with them—and now have returning customers and some valuable portfolio additions. Thank you. HOWEVER, now—it does not work for me very well. 

The changes mostly seem to benefit Thumbtack. I used to be able to TALK to personnel there, about my biz, my problems. They gave me real suggestions, human interest. NO MORE. 

AND MOST DISAPPOINTING - They used to COMMUNICATE with us. —Tell us immediately if a customer responded. The site was a breeze to use. Now it’s a maze with intentional manipulations. 

It is sad, disappointing, and disheartening—not to mention less useful to me. 

Signed, 

A once-satisfied Thumbtack user—no longer.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Kameron

Re: Changes Do Not Seem to Help the Pro—only Thumbtack

Solved! Jump to solution

@edservices apologies for the confusion. My response above had come before our last conversation in direct messages where I'd mentioned that. You can either use the app or a web browser, but I will mention that both have not been optimized for the ipad and you may see better functionality on either your mobile device or desktop. If you'd like to give us a call, you can reach us at 800-948-2034 Monday - Friday 7am - 8pm MST.

View solution in original post

13 responses
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@edservices I'd like to offer any assistance I can in order to help you understand any of the changes and get back to seeing customers. What in particular in regards to the new system are you having trouble with? When customers respond to your quote or reach out to you directly through search results you should be notified right then (depending on your notification settings). Have you been getting quote responses or new leads without notifications?

0 Kudos
edservices
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you for this prompt reply. 

1) I no longer am notified when there is NOT a customer-response, so I do not know if I end up paying for nothing. 

I used to be notified if there was no response within 48 hours. Has that changed?

2) I no longer am notified if a bid on my part was received. Do you no longer notify us of that?

3) I no longer am notified if the customer has a question. Again—?

4) Often, the notification tells me 1 or 2 Pros have responded. Then I write out my bid to the customer, spending some time only to find at the end that the request either expired or is no longer available. Can you explain or fix that?

Thank you again for your assistance in these matters

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@edservices 

Correct we will no longer let you know if the response is not viewed in 48 hours. We used to do this when pros paid per quote they sent this notification was inline with the refund that would come if the customer never viewed the quote. Now if you're quoting you will not pay until they respond. 

You should get a notification if the customer reached out to you directly through the search results or replies to your manual quote. If you're not getting these check your notification settings. If they are set correctly let me know in a direct message with examples and I'll take a closer look. 

If a job is no longer available or expired it has likely been filled by the maximum amount of pros that can let the customer know they're interested in the job as they tend to fill up quickly.

I also wanted to add that while the Jobs Tab is still definitely useful and a great way for pros to express interest in certain jobs. It's now become more of a secondary way to meet customers and land hires. The main goal is to now show up in Search Results and have customers reaching out to you directly. These you will see as a new lead in your inbox.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
edservices
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Please explain further, your last comment—about Job Tabs versus showing up in a customer “Search.” 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
edservices
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Please explain your final point —about Job Tabs versus Customer Search. 

Do they do a search for the work needed?. 

And what determines whether or not you show up in the search results?

Do you have to now pay for that, too?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@edservices in the new Thumbtack world customers will search for a pro based on the work they need done. They can then choose a pro from the list and contact them directly. Pros will show up based on if their preferences match the search and then based on their profile, promoting their business, their response time, listed prices, and reviews. To learn more about Search Results you can visit this page here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/search-results.

0 Kudos
edservices
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

YOU SAID TO GIVE THE SUPPORT TEAM “ A CALL.”   Maybe it is because I use an IPAD, but I cannot find the phone number, even under CONTACT US. All I get is a place to send another generic email. WHAT IS THE PHONE NUMBER? PLEASE JUST GIVE ME A PHONE NUMBER. 

Maybe there is a reason I cannot find the phone number. I checked with “Chat.” She gave me a link. I tried that link (again, and again) and never got a phone number. Do you have to use the APP or can you still use Thumbtack through an internet browser?????

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@edservices apologies for the confusion. My response above had come before our last conversation in direct messages where I'd mentioned that. You can either use the app or a web browser, but I will mention that both have not been optimized for the ipad and you may see better functionality on either your mobile device or desktop. If you'd like to give us a call, you can reach us at 800-948-2034 Monday - Friday 7am - 8pm MST.

View solution in original post

gpieco
Level 4

Re: Congratulations to our January 2019 class of Top Pros!

Solved! Jump to solution

has anyone else noticed a drop of leads on Thumbtack?  is their business declining?