Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Congratulations to our January 2019 class of Top Pros!

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes mine has. Also, the weekly report is showing number of "Views" now instead of number of "Quotes" sent.
0 Kudos

Re: Changes Do Not Seem to Help the Pro—only Thumbtack

Solved! Jump to solution

@edservices  hit the nail on the head.  Top Pro here, for the month of January TT accounted for 12% of my business, dollarwise. two out of nine clients. Two years ago, 2017 TT accounted for 68% of my business, 64 out of 75 clients. The present system does not work for me at all; clients choosing pros, clients scheduling pros.....don't these people realize we're booked out 2 months??  I perform part time electrical work, picking clients is tantemount to me...I do not work around other's schedule.

The "what's your estimate?" crap is absurd, they don't list a scope of work...you can't provide an estimate without multiple inputs of information. I do not respond to those requests. As for Promote??  no thanks, I like my money, I'll keep it.  There are other available avenues for soliciting work...TT has simply become a costly version of Yelp/Google

Highlighted
edservices
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks, Autumn Electric. Good to know I"m not just imagining all these obstacles...

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been a top pro for a few years and thumbtack used to be app 75% of my new business.
No longer. Since the changes, business from here is almost non existent. I have had only 6 leads in Feb. and none since the 9th. I used to respond to 30 to 40 per month.
I now have no interaction with any possible clients and no control. I now have to take my $ to yelp and other venues. This is a shame because thumbtack used to be my bread and butter. I would think that they would want to cater to their pros and do more advertising to gain more users. What is going wrong with this new platform?