results: 10
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted

Closing leads? Anyone?

Hey folks, I seem to be paying for leads from Thumbtack, but still have not been hired. Not sure how that is supposed to be mutually beneficial???
Is there any advice anyone can provide on how to close theses weak leads?
Occupations (1)
States
4 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Closing leads? Anyone?

@NashvilleJason I'm happy you reached out! I definitely want you to see success. Your profile looks great, and the messages you send to customers are full of great information about what you offer. Keep it up! A few things that I think would really help you is getting more reviews and improving your response time.

The most popular pros in your area have as many as 85 reviews, so pushing to get a few more would be helpful! Remember that you're able to get up to 10 reviews from customers outside of Thumbtack. This article here has more information on that. 

We've seen that responding quickly really does help pros. If you’re the first pro a customer hears from, you have a better chance of getting hired. In fact, pros who respond to customers within one hour are almost twice as likely to hear back. Your current average response time is about four hours, which is still great considering you have a 100% response rate! However, I would aim to respond quicker if you can. 

0 Kudos

Yes, my job prevents me from responding right away. It's virtually impossible to respond right away. I am reaching out to clients about more reviews as well. I've shut down all my promotions until then. No sense in paying for weak leads right now. I would think that a true lead would come with contact information...why is that not the case?

Moderator Meckell

@NashvilleJason That's great to hear that you're reaching out to past customers about reviews, let me know how that goes! We definitely want the money you spend to be worth it and have valuable interactions with customers. As far as receiving customer's contact information, that's something we have heard from pros. At this time, we don’t require phone numbers because a lot of customers are reluctant to provide them. Customers don’t want to be bombarded with calls from multiple pros, and when we’ve required phone numbers in the past we’ve lost a lot of potential customers. We want to connect you with as many customers as possible, and the best way to do that is to make the customer experience easy and stress-free. That means allowing customers to share their phone numbers when they’re ready, on their own terms. However, we're definitely evaluating our options on this. Be sure to check out our recent post, Keeping you in the (feedback) loop: May edition, to get more context on this. 

0 Kudos

I’ve been with TT for many years and have to agree the quality of the leads have not been what they used to be. I hope things get better soon or I’ll have to get another job!