Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
DJStevie
Level 12

Conversation Starter/generic reply

Here's one.

I have Promote turned off because it doesn't work for me. I prefer to send personable messages/quotes so I know how to control my budget(that's in question too from another post I commented on)..

But I have been getting several conversation starters, which I call generic replies. A couple of months ago, I was told to include my pricing in my profile, and put as much info in my profile as well because that's what customers are looking for. Promote, as what I was told, was geared towards customers because they wanted to look at the Pros instead of being bombarded with Pros messaging them

So, just a little while ago today, I received a conversation starter for guess what? "What is your estimate?

Really? My pricing is in my profile, as suggested by the moderators and Thumbtack reps via phone and email. It would be beneficial to put as much info into my profile because Customers read the entire profile, that;s what I was told.  Well, guess what Moderators and reps, CUSTOMERS DO NOT READ THE ENTIRE PROFILE or they would see my pricing.

Getting really frustrated.

States
7 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Conversation Starter/generic reply

I had a 2nd one late last night, "when are you available?" I replied because cost was decent, was told customer ONLY reached out to me, and haven't heard anything. I may not hear anything.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie can you tell me if the job was for a DJ or one of the other two services you offer? Currently, the only prices that are finalized in your profile are for DJ and the other two have not. If they were reaching out in the DJ category it can be possible that they missed your pricing information in your profile. This case is a bit of an exception, but most of the time customers will catch your prices and the info you've included about your prices in your profile and will be reaching out about availability.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron
Both were for DJ jobs. It just frustrates me. Then again, I know that many will not take time to read a profile that's more than a paragraph or two. The other jobs I have to edit.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie thats great that the customer picked you specifically from the list. Ultimately to get more follow through from customers I would recommend working towards getting more reviews. There's a direct correlation between the amount of reviews a pro has and the amount of response they get from customers, and is the biggest determining factor for customers when they are choosing to hire. The reviews you have so far are great, but after checking your Insights page I see that your competing against the average pro in your area with 14. The good news is you can have up to 10 reviews from customers outside of Thumbtack by sharing your public review link with them! https://www.thumbtack.com/reviews/services/WYDFSZ0ZIRCXmw/write

0 Kudos
Kukucka520
Level 4

Does anyone remember when Thumbtack was lucrative?

If anyone at Thumbtack follows these threads, please know that I (and many other vendors) miss the days when a lead made me hopeful, instead of wondering if I would be automatically charged, or if this was truly a potential client who might go beyond that stupid "When are you available?" auto response. 

If nothing else, could you (Thumbtack) take away the option of an auto response like that? We ALL get the same response, and none of us know if it's a tire kicker or someone sincerely interested - because Thumbtack gives them that stupid auto response.

Listen Thumbtack - you're a smart company, and you've helped alot of us (and we've helped you). Please figure out what isn't working - because truly, something isn't working with this Promote - and the outrageous price of the bids. Your users will think that none of us care, or are available - only because we don't want to pay $32 to respond to a bid that will never go anywhere.

Anyone there listening?

Let's figure this out so we can all make money again.

beep777
Level 6

Re: Does anyone remember when Thumbtack was lucrative?

Who is being hired by these clients (if they are real)? I am a CPA am I am not the cheapest guy out there. My only shot at scoring a job would be to get the customer on the phone and demonstrate my skill and value to them. I was only able to do this when TT published the last name after a bid. Now that that was taken away, I have little or no chance of gaining a job here, yet I stupidly reply to job requests so i can have a customer email me back and never contact me beyond that. It is not even worth the risk to reply to a job offer anymore. All I look for is a customer who puts their full name in the posting so I can Google them and call them. Other than that, it is time to move on.

Tell me Grandpa, what was Thumbtack like back in the day?

B

RCPS
Level 7

Re: Does anyone remember when Thumbtack was lucrative?

I really miss those days. I received my FIRST lead of 2019 last week. I repeat, FIRST entire lead. Three full months have passed and only ONE lead has come through. This one lead reached out to five other Pros plus me under Promote. Before Promote and Instant Match, many more leads would come during the course of a week. Not anymore. I’ve had ONE hire in the past six months on this platform. From 50+ hires in three years to one hire in six months is abysmal. 

I’m at an industry conference right now and have met a couple of Pros who have recently left Thumbtack altogether. This was due to them no longer receiving ANY business or viable leads. 

It’s all a shame.