Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
HandymanPLB
Level 4

Customer Cancellation

I recently accepted a job for a client to do a big job that would earn me $6000 labor. We set a date after meeting to sign a contract and exchange a down payment to begin work . He arrived as planned on a Saturday at 10am I was unfortunately not available . I contacted him later on and offered him an apology for my absent and he told me I lost the job because I didn’t show up. I told him it was school related and I haven’t heard back from him since . It’s been one day.

In my profile it says sudden cancellations are subject to a $100 cancellation fee. And I mentioned to him that I had already paid two workers for a weeks worth of work out of my own pocket and can provide receipts . Im in the hole $1100, what do I do ?
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
7 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Customer Cancellation

@HandymanPLB I just sent you a private message about this. Go ahead and check that out and respond when you can. 

0 Kudos
Frander7
Level 4

Customer Cancellation

Got contacted by a customer then i was charged, so far good we scheduled an appointment then 3 days later she cancelled and i was still charged for that lead
0 Kudos
ExcaliburSH
Level 6

I will tell you that this happened to me. Customer service was fair and credited me. They read the conversation and realized customer wasnt serious and the lead didnt match.
0 Kudos
Johnjr
Level 6

What is the name of your company and what field are you in?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Johnjr
Level 6

And tell me this how did they determine the customer wasn't serious usually if the customer calls and ask me if I'm available they count that as a lead that the customer was serious just asking me if I'm available it means that they have interest so tell me how did they determine that the customer wasn't serious?
0 Kudos
Johnjr
Level 6

And by the way I don't mind if I get charged for a customer to call and ask me if I'm available those come and they go and it all comes out in the wash that's fine
0 Kudos
Johnjr
Level 6

Yes I agree with you something strange is going on I've had customers in the last couple days 2 hours after I've set quotes they're telling me that they've had the project finished already and we're talking about good science projects and they say that yeah I already hired somebody it's done in 2 hours really and I've had people calling me interested and would like me to come and give them a quote next day they cancel decide to move something different something strange is going on I'm not sure if these are real customers or or employees