Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Kiroberts
Level 4

Customer Service Support, not so Supportive?

I had a potential customer reach out to me and then go unresponsive after 3 weeks I waited. I contacted customer support to see if anything could be done since nothing had come from this lead. Hoping they could do something I was misled as the pro and sad that they do not have procedures to protect us. My "support" was genuine at first but then quickly became aggravated as I asked questions on the subject trying to wrap my head around the situation. I feel like I am being ripped off. I and my husband have been on thumbtack with different endeavors for a long time. I can honestly say I am super disappointed. I have attached the pictures of our conversation. Has any other pros dealt with this before?thumbtack 3.JPGThumtack 2.JPGThumbtack support.JPG

Occupations (2)
States
8 responses
revbrian
Level 8

Re: Customer Service Support, not so Supportive?

I have learnt to set my level of expectation appropriately. 

At the end of the day, I suspect you have a client who selected on lowest price and didn't give a "whatever" (I'm being nice here) for you.

In thier mind: "We chose someone else and don't care for the losers anymore."

Or of course, they might never have been serious at all!!!

We can't know, but we pay for it now.... :-(

Kiroberts
Level 4

Surprisingly I don't think I was the lowest bid. But I am starting to think they did go with the lowest and now I am stuck as you put it paying for it.

revbrian
Level 8

@Kiroberts 

"Surprisingly I don't think I was the lowest bid. But I am starting to think they did go with the lowest and now I am stuck as you put it paying for it."

I understand.

My experience after several hundred TT clients is that they want to see 3 or maybe as many as 5 quotes.

They mostly sort on price; broadly speaking they start with the absolute lowest quote first and then work upwards if the lowest isn't available or can't do exactly what they want.

You may have been 2nd or 3rd cheapest but the one cheaper than you got the deal. That's just how quoting on TT is!

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Kiroberts I get it, it's tough when a customer responds for a bit and then goes unresponsive. The best thing to do when this happens is think "What can I do to stand out?" and that's when you're profile comes into play. I looked over your profile and I think it looks awesome. You have some great pictures and your introduction really emphasizes you and your work. One thing that I think will help you is getting more reviews. You can get these reviews from customers you've worked with in the past. I'll send you a Private Message with that link for you to send out to them, keep an eye out. 

0 Kudos

Customer support is now in the Phillipines?

I've been with TT for over 4 years and every time I call in, it's always answered here in the US. I was so surprised when I called in the other day and heard the familar accent from the Phillipines, to where so many companies outsource phone support. She was a lovely girl and we had a great chat. Surprised by hearing this accent, though, I was curious and asked which office I was calling. Yup, TT now has exported customer service calls to Manilla, Phillipines! I asked how long TT was outsoucing this, and I was told "about a year". ??? How is it that I'm regularly on the phone with TT and in an entire year, I was never before speaking with someone in the Philipines? When did that actually start, and why? Has TT cut staff in the US as well? Is TT streamlining expenses to prep for selling it off - or taking it public?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

Re: Customer support is now in the Phillipines?

Our support team is still based in the U.S.. Now, we just have some members of our team in the Philippines, too. It's helpful given the time difference. We want to help as many pros as we can and as often as we can. None of our team here in the U.S. has been cut. In fact, we're in the process of hiring more customer support agents right now Smiley Happy If you have any more questions about this, send me a private message and happy to chat.

0 Kudos

That answer might make sense if TT still offered the hours of customer service that it used to, and you'd need to have the calls handled on the other side of the world, where they're awake when the US staff is asleep. TT now closes the phone lines at 8pm so how can you possily claim that the Philipines office is handling the the calls that come in between 8 pm and 7am - as TT lines are are closed? Their time zone is 12 hours difference than NY, so it would make sense they take after hours calls - except for the fact that TT is not open! ! I obviously called between 7am - 8pm, because that is when you're open, and I was speaking to your Manilla call handlers, so that was certainly during the hours the US staff should have been answering.

0 Kudos
DCFGCatering
Level 8

Yeah you definitely have a call center in Manila in the Philippines. I could definitely tell the difference between the accent of a person from Salt Lake City and Manila in the Philippines.

0 Kudos