Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
V-Sing
Level 5

Customer’s initial search - no filters

I find it really annoying that when a customer starts an initial search with zip code, there are NO filters, so all kinds of profiles come up (but never mine).  Then when filter is chosen (and I already complained to you about the disappearance of travel preferences in filters under “singing lessons”), I do come up.  Why aren’t filter choices shown clearly with initial search rather than just showing random 30 names?  The customer doesn’t even realize what they are looking at, so the entire search is not helpful to customer or pro.   Shouldn’t everyone have the benefit of a more specific search?  I bet most customers don’t even notice filters in search.  

Occupations (1)
States
3 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Customer’s initial search - no filters

@V-Sing having filters already filled out when a customer started their search caused a lot of confusion. After receiving feedback from both pros and customers, we decided to leave them blank for the customer to complete. I can see your frustration behind showing profiles before filters are filled out, and I'll be sure to pass along your thoughts. 

The filters are in a place that are very visible for customers to see. If you have any suggestions on how to make them more visible, I'd love to hear you out! 

0 Kudos
V-Sing
Level 5

So how does one get on the chosen 30 profiles that come up with no filter?  There seems to be no rhyme or reason for them (some new with no reviews, some incomplete profiles, etc).   Are these pros who have everything checked as far as preferences, meaning they take everything?   I only have a few choices unchecked but I never come up in these initial types of searches.  I have not gotten any leads in a week   

Could you make the filter prompt bigger? 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@V-Sing it's still determined by the five things that go into how a pro ranks, which you learn on this post here. Upon that, we also take into account pros that have all preferences selected since without any filters, pros with everything selected are most likely able to do the customers project. 

0 Kudos