results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
CLGPatrick
Level 7

Do You Follow Up???

Here is a screenshot of a lead that went cold from the start.  Didn't stop contacting them for 2 months.

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 9.29.49 AM.png

Don't quit reaching out to them.  Turned an $8 lead that went cold into $500 booking next week.

The only time I quit reaching out is if they canceled the project or if they were hiring for an event and the date of the event had passed.

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography
3 responses
MR
Level 10

Re: Do You Follow Up???

@CLGPatrick I think this is great advice.

With all of the followups that you are doing, do you find that most leads reply in one way or another or are you finding a high percentage of them never respond in any fashion?

CLGPatrick
Level 7

Great question!

Right now, my spreadsheets show that 61% reach out and never respond after that.  Out of those that never responded back, 89% of them reached out to more than one pro; which means they most likely hired a different pro (No way of telling, though).

I do currently maintain an 18% return on following up with leads that went cold.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Cheers,

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography
Highlighted
Lar
Level 9

If one of your leads hires another Thumbtack Pro and that Pro changes the status of the lead at their end to 'In Progress' or 'Done' then you will see a note about that change of status in the message area for your lead. Not every Pro will change the status of their leads when they are hired but I imagine that most do because they will then be able to request a verified review.

Cheers,
Lar.