Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
JENNIFER2018
Level 6

Drop Off Catering & Alcohol

For a caterer in Tennessee there are a lot of jobs we can't bid because the customer is requesting "alcoholic beverages" and then requesting "drop off service only".  It needs to be set where the customer has to check one or the other...it's not legal in TN for me to drop off food AND alcohol without having a licensed bartender there to serve.  So if it shows alcoholic beverages AND drop off, we just have to pass everytime.  This should be an easy fix.

Occupations (1)
States
4 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Drop Off Catering & Alcohol

@JENNIFER2018 I'm glad you brought this to my attention. I went ahead and sent your feedback to our Product Team! Let me know if you have any other feedback for us. 

JENNIFER2018
Level 6

I'll Ask Again....

I have asked before and was told it would be "looked into" well let me ask again so it can get "looked into" again.  In Tennessee it is against the law for a catering company to drop off alcohol at an event without furnishing an ABC licensed bartender to serve the alcohol.  Yet request after request comes across wanting "Beverages (Alcoholic)" and requesting "Drop off only required".  I cannot bid these jobs because they are asking for something that's illegal for me (as well as any other caterer) to do.  This should be a simple fix...if the client checks "drop off" they cannot request alcohol and vice versa.  How about a little REAL help with this?

Thumbtack Employee MichelleT
Thumbtack Employee

@JENNIFER2018 - thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I’m the Category Manager overseeing Events categories (including Catering). Unfortunately this is actually not an easy solve as we have the same back-end infrastructure for Catering across all states. With that said, we definitely will look into this and see if we can come up with a short-term solution. I have started the conversation with my team. We will follow up shortly! - Michelle

cc @sreekar @Meckell

JENNIFER2018
Level 6

I would be very surprised if this wasn't the law in all states...otherwise there's nothing stopping a caterer from selling alcohol to an event with minors, etc.

0 Kudos