Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence

Estimates

How can I give an estimate if I don’t know what a client wants? With the new format I receive request for estimates. If they chose me from a list, then my pricing was made available to them. Is this just Thumbtack jacking up what I have to pay?

Occupations (1)
0 Kudos
4 responses

Re: Estimates

@abcdogtraining I took a look and the reason you may be getting asked for estimates is that your prices haven't yet been finalized for customers to see. You'll just need to log in and visit this page here to verify and save your prices. Be sure that the red "prices hidden" changes to a green "prices live". Let me know if you have any troubles with this.

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

I have a potential problem with this @Kameron . I’m using Promote. I received a request in my Jobs tab last evening from Elisa R. She was requesting an estimate from me along with 10 other DJ service pros which initially raised my antenna & was a concern to me. You can review the conversation we had. She obviosuly filled out the request. Otherwise I would have never seen it in muy Jobs tab. On the first page of the request form when she enters the number of hours for her event the estimated price is calculated. Once the request is completed & sent she would have been e-mailed my estimate, what's included in the price & then of course that shows up in my Jobs tab.  So, I'm not sure why she would need to ask me for an estimate again. I checked my profile last night & seeing that none of my prices are hidden. I then asked her if she was seeing my prices listed in my profile when she initially reviewed it. I was concerned that maybe she wasn't & that would be a big concern I would have needed to address with TT customer support. She said she was able to see them but then also indicates to me that it seems we got off on the wrong foot. I don’t feel that was true & certainly not my intent. I’m not sure why she would even think that. Especially since I told her more than once that this was a concern. I apologized profusely which didn't help because she no longer wants to set up a meeting with me because she thinks that they feel this is not a best fit with either party. Her event was a fit for me as I told her in my final response to her. I checked again this morning. Again, none of my prices are hidden. I guess I'm just baffled by this.

Hankster 6/28/19

0 Kudos

@Hankster just to make sure I'm following you correctly. Are you saying that because your prices are listed and shown to customers that you're not sure why the customer would then ask for your estimate for her event?

As a customer, I think many times it makes sense to take pros listed prices as a true estimate. It's certainly a great reference point and a place to start as far as deciding who to contact, but I can't be 100% certain until I discuss with the pro further about the details of my project and we lock in a price. If the estimated price shown from the beginning ends up being the actual price then great. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@Kameron that's correct. The customer filled out the request & submitted it so she would have seen my quoted/estimated price during the initial part of the process & also in an email after she submitted the request. I would have never seen this in my Jobs tab if she didn't submit it. Not sure why she needed to ask me again for an estimate. That was her only question. I can't speak for the customer obviously but if my price met her needs then I would think at that point she should have asked, for example, when are you available to discuss my event. Then we could have discussed details. Did her request go through Promote?
0 Kudos