Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Notinsured
Level 7

Excuse me? Didn’t make TOP PRO email

Just got an email saying I “didn’t make Top-Pro this round” except I’ve been one for over a year and a mod even recently commented on my great stats! I checked my numbers on my account and I still meet the criteria so WTH TT?!? I need a big fat apology and an explanation!!
Occupations (1)
States
6 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Excuse me? Didn’t make TOP PRO email

@Notinsured I looked into your account to see what's going on. One of the qualifications you need to obtain Top Pro is maintaining a verified review rating of 4.8 stars over the past 12 months. It looks like you're standing at a 4.75 star rating, which is still something to be proud of! You definitely have a top-notch profile, have great stats, and are delivering an awesome service to your customers. Keep getting those 5 star reviews and work toward making it to Top Pro in our next round in July. Let us know if you have any questions. 

0 Kudos
Notinsured
Level 7

Perhaps if there was a way I could ask my clients via the app for recommendations it would be SO MUCH easier. But how silly. This struggle to get things done, to get fairness from TT, is just getting to be too much. I’ve even defended TT.
And now this. The verbiage in the email is condescending. “Too bad” “Maybe next time.” I’ve been with you for over a year. Did I get a badge for that? .05? Am I in college still? Pissshhh.

Also, for future reference, it’s not exactly ethical to ASK clients for recommendations since it violates their confidentiality, even when they don’t use their name. It’s still considered a “unprofessional and unethical” to ask for one, so this has always made me uncomfortable. Y’all just keep pushing to me to the door. Thanks for crapping on my great week. I make an actual difference in people’s lives, and I don’t need your hurtful condescending email or skewed rating system to keep going. Shame on whoever wrote that email.

Perhaps a lesson in positivity is what the author needs. How about, “Here are some ideas to help you succeed and keep your rating...” or maybe “it looks like you need some encouragement. We here at TT want you to continue to be a Top Pro. How can we help?” But that’s not really their strong suit either, now is it.
bonnie_bill
Level 8

@Notinsured,

What is the Top Pro designation truly worth? We saw no difference in anything being a Top Pro or not. No more recognition. No more leads. No more customers. No more income. Just an artificial quota to chase to keep an arbitrary title. Sorry for what you are feeling right now. Been there and done that and no longer care. Focus on growing and promoting your business and not some meaningless TT title.  Our Best to you !

Notinsured
Level 7

Thanks! I have had a couple people comment on it in a year, but you’re right, it is an arbitrary title. I was more offended by the condescending email more than anything. Really I missed it by .5? Absurd. Keep it! Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated!
Notinsured
Level 7

Thanks for your positive attitude @Mickell. You’re doing a great job, too! But this is about it for me. I’m done with TT’s games. They have changed the rules too many times since I’ve been using them. You have to admit that. My count is 5. It’s like dealing with a narcissist. You can’t win.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Notinsured as Meckell and @bonnie_bill have pointed out you still have an outstanding profile to work from and that will indeed attract customers. I'm sorry again that you didn't make Top Pro, but I know you also understand that qualifications are put in place to be fair and the same rules apply to all pros. As for the verbiage in the email, I'll be passing along your feedback about it so that we can be sure to break such news to pros as respectfully as we can. 

0 Kudos