Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
cheshiredave
Level 5

Followup message notifications eliminated?

Leaving aside how few leads I get these days, I've gotten two in the past couple of weeks, and both times I realized belatedly that after I had responded to the customers, they followed up with me but I never received a notification of their message. It's only dumb luck that I visited my inbox and saw, a day later in the first case, that the customer had responded. I quickly responded to that person but I never heard from them again.

It happened again today. Fortunately my lag time in discovering the reply was only seven hours. But even so, that can be the difference between getting and losing a job.

I thought it was a technical problem, so I opened a chat, only to be told that notifications for followups have been eliminated as of a few weeks ago (with no notice, I might add). Now it seems that I'm forced to check my Thumbtack inbox dozens of times a day if I want to know if a customer has responded. Thumbtack, of all businesses, should know that timely responses are the key to success. Why they would eliminate notifications for followups is absolutely mind-boggling. Sure, let pros opt out if they don't like getting hired, but I have to imagine I speak for the rest of us that this change is potentially catastrophic. I've already lost one lead possibly because of this.

I've rolled with a lot of TT changes over the years. I'm drawing a line in the sand on this one.

Occupations (1)
States
7 responses
cheshiredave
Level 5

Re: Followup message notifications eliminated?

OH MY GOD. I just found out that customers aren't getting notified of followups either. This is absolutely catastrophic.

MR
Level 10

Now the app doesn't notify eaither side when someone has sent them a message. C'mon, this can't really be true.

TT, please clarify.

cheshiredave
Level 5

FWIW, I called TT support this afternoon, and they insist that the chat rep gave me bad info. Still, I'm not getting followup notifications, and the best thing they could tell me so far is to clear my cache. That made no sense to me (why would clearing my browser cache suddenly allow TT's website to email me?), and as expected, I cleared my cache and the missing notifications are still MIA.

Possible it's just a glitch in the system, but the customer today still hasn't followed up, and I sure hope that's because she's been busy and not because she was never notified that I responded.

I'll report back further as I find out more.

cheshiredave
Level 5

Also, not for nothing, but I've checked the "Email me when someone replies" box each time I've posted in this thread, and I definitely did not receive such an email for the response above.

Moderator Kameron

@cheshiredave I'll reaffirm what support told you over the phone, in that any time you have begun a conversation with a customer you should receive notification of a new message and vice versa. That will, of course, depend on you both having the right notification settings turned on. 

I took a look to see that you have the correct notifications turned on for email. I can see from your call that the rep will be checking back with you about those emails not coming. In the meantime would you possibly be open to the text message notifications? I see that all text notifications are currently off, but if you were to turn on New leads and messages, that could be a big help while we work to solve your email situation.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

In regards to your notifications about new messages here in the Community, those are separate from the notifications in your actual Thumbtack account. To adjust those you'll need to click on your picture, my profile, scroll to view/manage settings, then subscriptions and notifications, and lastly notification settings.

0 Kudos
cheshiredave
Level 5

If I check the box saying "email me when someone replies," that ought to be that, right? But regardless, my Community notifications are indeed set to the defaults (i.e., YES to getting notified), and yet, I didn't receive notifications that you had replied twice and even @ mentioned me.

I guess it's good at least that it's just me and not an actual TT change overall. But still, this is maddening that it's happening to me.

I will turn texts on for the main account as a stopgap, I guess.