Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
carrieagroff
Level 4

Free consultation

Respond as soon as you get a request (or as soon as you see it) and don't just send them to another website. I was recently told by my client (who hired me from Thumbtack) that part of the reason she chose me was because I responded immediately and I offered her a free phone consultation instead of just directing her to another website. I offer every potential new client a free 15 minute phone consultation so we can decide if we would be a good fit for each other. This also gets all of their questions answered in one call and it makes the whole experience more personal. 

Occupations (1)
States
2 responses

Re: Free consultation

@carrieagroff in your field, like mine, I think this free consultation is a great plan.  I find the personal approach, and making sure that the client and I are a good fit, has better overall results than trying to start working together without some sort of connection first.

Shareen Mann
Freelance writer and editor with The Write Mann, LLC
0 Kudos
carrieagroff
Level 4

Re: Free consultation

Thank you! Yes, it's such a personal type of service that I like to get to know them a bit first through a consultation to see if we would even be a good fit :-)