results: 10
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
JimSchultz
Level 5

Re: Chance to win $500: Video Contest

Hey thanks for Trying to change things,

I can understand how this approuch can help with Customer's communicating better. That's if they watch the videos, and how well the marketing plan works. It's so important to me anyway, to have the customer communicate the project's tasks and info. To be able to see if the LEAD is an actual lead. In my line of work, I need so much info, to be honest to them, but 98% of the time, no real information. Again, I can see the video idea working, but how TT askes questions, my opinion is a better idea.

For example, I perform "Epoxy Injections" to foundations. This is what I would need as a Pro. for the project to make a decision to commit to the lead.

• Foundation Crack?---not a crack in the floor or drywall, so ask a question about the foundation
  • LF? -- This forces them to take out the tape measure and see the cracks
  • How wide is the cracks on an ave.--not so important, because I can converse with them after I understand it's a foundational crack.
  • Where is the crack? accessable?
  • Is it an actural foundation crack? Foundation cracks are "not" drywall cracks,--you need a drywallor,  "not" brick cracks--you need a mason, re-leveling the home--you need an Engineer
  • What kind of foundation do you have? By asking this question forces they to find and check, what if they don't know--That's cool, I'll tell them, but it's got to be a foundation crack to be fixed, for me to spend $45 to $78 for a lead that the average project maybe 10LF---10 feet cost them around $540 min, charge, $540 -$50 TT lead charge, = $490 - Materials $272 = $218 ---Maybe now you can see I don't make that much $ after your hefty lead cost.

Anyway my thoughts on the matter.

Pros are getting tired of paying for leads that don't pan out---Why? The lack of questions from TT to the customer.

Jim Schultz

720-940-7440

Colorado Denver Area

ReeseTee
Level 7

Well stated: Whenever I am talking face to face with my customers (especially if they are asking me about work I do not do). I tell them that Pro's are hungry for work and not clairevoyent. I encourage them to post pictures and be as detailed as possible.

I'm very dissapointed that Thumbtack corporate is not on board with this. I have given up trying to explain this to them. Pro's will NOT pay to bid on vague jobs.  And contact charges for jobs not won, can add up very fast...causing most Pro's to abandon Thumbtack entirely.

Reese T. Jan 23, 2019

Moderator Kameron

@JimSchultz thank you for your thoughts on this. I think there may have been a misunderstanding about the video as we were looking to get video stories from pros about a great match experience they had with a specific customer through Thumbtack. In regards to your post, our goal is to send pros quality leads. We're constantly working on improving the questions we ask customers and pros alike, so we can best match customers with the right pro and that I’ve made sure that your feedback about this subject has been passed along into the right hands.

0 Kudos
JimSchultz
Level 5

Hey thats great,

Can you have that right person call me sometime? It would be great to talk to someone that can actually make some decisions on the matter, instead of someone that handles complants, and problems from troubled Pros. Some people are just quite negative and want to break down the system, I myself the oppisite.

Have them call me, or due to time, have them email me.

I'm not an engineer for computer systems, but, I've been doing this stuff long enough to know what questions to ask.  I'm sure you guys as well have the educated people in place to change things to the better. But who knows, I maybe able to help.

Jim S.

720-940-7440

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@JimSchultz Hey Jim I’m sure you can understand that our product teams are very very busy working to sort through, read, document, build off of all pro feedback, so they’re not available to directly speak with through phone or email. That's why we send them all of the feedback we receive. If you’d like to speak to someone on our support teams directly feel free to reach out through any of our other support channels. 

0 Kudos
sokonmah
Level 1

Re: Top Pro by the numbers.

I am a Tax Consultant and the regular quote has not worked for me so far. Is there a way to pay for leads for a specific zip code of my choice or something. The regular Tax Preparer is ready to quote $50 for example even if he knows is not visible. I want to concentrate on represention with IRS when clients owe Taxes and get paid accordingly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
laelasuddoo
Level 4

Calligraphy

Hello, regarding Wedding Calligraphy projects. I suggested narrowing down the types of projects for the clients to pick from. Can you try to implement this change? I have clients with place cards that do not fit into the typical invitation or list category.

Thank you,
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Calligraphy

@laelasuddoo thanks for your feedback, we'll be sure to pass this along! 

pianoman435
Level 5

Re: Give us your feedback!

I have gotten NOTHING from your site since early last fall! You sent me a message saying I have 5 new contacts, who are they? I haven't heard from them or talked to them. I had one person looking for a piano tuner that I sent a quote to and never heard from. October, November, December and January until now, ONE referral from this site! Understand from Thanksgiving until Christmas is my busiest time of year, I usually have a few appointments between Christmas and new years, teachers home for the holiday taking the opportunity to get their pianos tuned. Then in January kids are working on their contest pieces and show choir invitationals start. Excuse me when I say that I am not getting excited about the wonderful things that Thumbtack offers!
Example : I Tune & Repair pianos for my living, I have been doing it for almost 50 years. I have had people of all ages fall asleep while I was tuning, that is how interesting it is to the layman watching! So how do I make a 2 minute video about that and my favorite customer? I know it's not boring and how to make it interesting but I need more time than 2 minutes! I am interested in many things and I know others who would have the same problem. I have a customer who photographs high school senior pictures using a digital camera. She doesn't advertise, only gets her clients by word of mouth and stays busy. Because she doesn't just shoot a pose, she shoots the pose 3-5 times then layers them for a final result. The result is a picture with depth that looks like a print from film. I don't think she could show that in a 2 minute film either!
0 Kudos
uu2727
Level 5

Re: Thank you TT, it was great while it lasted

Hi-Being a dog groomer, I get a lot of info from the initial contact that the potential customer generates when submitting a request for service.  My niche is special needs pets, those who are too anxious, aggressive or infirm to visit a salon.  That being said, there are a multitude of factors that go into my quote for a groom.  Extra-small, Small, Medium, Large and Extra-large don't cut it as categories for pricing.  Neither does coat type.  I need to know how far I'll have to be driving, if there are multiple dogs to be done, the temperament and condition of the dog and the last time it was groomed.  I have charged anywhere from $45 to $80 to do a Shih Tzu of the same size.  This is because one was nearby and docile with regular grooms while the other needed multiple muzzles, had numerous cutaneous growths, was incontinent and hadn't been groomed in months.  So for me pricing is quite tricky and depends on how difficult the task will be....Also, some demographic areas expect to pay more (the more expensive you are, the more skilled is their reasoning) and some need lower prices due to financial constraints.  I take all these things into consideration when quoting and am able to create happier customers this way.         

0 Kudos